Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Dont let the computer ruin your life/health
Old 11-14-2006, 05:30 AM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Dont let the computer ruin your life/health

Caught in the Web

More People Say Heavy Internet Use Is Disrupting Their Lives, and Medical Experts Are Paying Attention

The Web site for Orzack's center lists the following among the psychological symptoms of computer addiction:

? Having a sense of well-being or euphoria while at the computer.

? Craving more and more time at the computer.

? Neglect of family and friends.

? Feeling empty, depressed or irritable when not at the computer.

? Lying to employers and family about activities.

? Inability to stop the activity.

? Problems with school or job.

Physical symptoms listed include dry eyes, carpal tunnel syndrome, migraines, backaches, skipping meals, poor personal hygiene and sleep disturbances.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Dont let the computer ruin your life/health
Old 11-14-2006, 03:33 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wompo
Caught in the Web

More People Say Heavy Internet Use Is Disrupting Their Lives, and Medical Experts Are Paying Attention

The Web site for Orzack's center lists the following among the psychological symptoms of computer addiction:

? Having a sense of well-being or euphoria while at the computer.

? Craving more and more time at the computer.

? Neglect of family and friends.

? Feeling empty, depressed or irritable when not at the computer.

? Lying to employers and family about activities.

? Inability to stop the activity.

? Problems with school or job.

Physical symptoms listed include dry eyes, carpal tunnel syndrome, migraines, backaches, skipping meals, poor personal hygiene and sleep disturbances.
Funny, those are the VERY ATTRIBUTES I want in an IT guru........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:54 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

So it is the internet's fault? Any activity could become an addictive behavior that is unhealthy. It is not the activity, it is you and how you behave. I'm suprised that someone can get paid to research for individual disfunctions. The number could equal the population. Maybe my research could discover a lot of egotists in and around state and federal capitals. All I need is funding. News bulletin: A study shows that a majority of restaurant patrons arrive hungry. More to follow at 10.
As Firesign Theatre joked about the midnight news: Big light in sky, slated to appear in east.
Joe
heyyou is offline   Reply With Quote