Ever thrown your back out?

Have you thrown out your back 3 times or more?

• I am male and I have thrown out my back at least three times.

Votes: 35 50.0%
  • I am male and I have NOT thrown out my back at least three times.

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • I am female and I have thrown out my back at least three times.

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • I am female and I have NOT thrown out my back at least three times.

Votes: 14 20.0%

• Total voters
Well, my regular doctor (an internist) said when I saw him on Friday " I hate to say this but I think you ought so see a chiropractor for your SI pain" So I just got back from the chiropractor - nice lady with steel hands and fingers ouch! I think I'm feeling better. I just noticed I could get up from my chair without my back spassing well see...

I am female, only 29, but every other year or so, I would have a couple of days where my back is so twisted and hurts so badly that I can hardly walk. It's not triggered by anything I can tell -- seems to just happen, like a cold.

I forgot: once I strained it doing some stretching designed to prevent strains.

I wonder if back problems are hereditary? Neither of my parents had back problems, both lived to their early 90's. None of my siblings have had back problems, nor have I.
Same here. Never thrown my back out, although I've pulled muscles there plenty of times. I hate it when I sneeze and pull a muscle.

I wonder if I started martial arts before I got vulnerable, and now the core muscles are working for me instead of against me. Taekwondo is all about being able to rapidly twist your hips.

Nord, I think it's luck of the draw -

the deadly sneeze I referred to happened while I was in hard training in karate, fit, flexible, and really embarrassed when I explained to my friends that I got 'injured at the office!" "Oh, how?" "Um, I sneezed..." :confused:

ta,
mew

embarrassed when I explained to my friends that I got 'injured at the office!" "Oh, how?" "Um, I sneezed..."
confused.gif

Think about how FinanceDude feels. He stepped on a piece of gum and ended up in the hospital.

I pulled my back once when I rolled over in bed (yes I was alone).

I saw it coming today and quit feeding tree branches to the shredder. Lots of bending and twisting to that! That and it was 89 degrees F and very humid, I started getting a little lightheaded, DW says "Your face is very red". I took the hint and quit for the day.

I don't completely understand what is happening in the body and how many variations on a theme there are, but for me when I notice strain in the lower back that does not go away I start taking Aleve. If the nerve is pinched and I'm hobbling around then I'll take 2 Aleve at first and then 1 every 8 hrs. My doc says I could take even a stronger dose with no ill effects for a day or two.

For me the worst time is in the cold Winter months. Keeping on warm cloths and maybe a vest helps. Chopping wood tends to aggravate things as well as too much stooping to do gardening chores and sitting at the computer too long doesn't help. So I'll do an activity for a fairly short time and then switch to something else. Sounds like we've all learned to workarounds for weaknesses in the back. In my case the X-ray shows disc issues which I won't bore you with details on.

Back
Top Bottom