Exercise and back pain

For those of you with lower back pain, do you find it helps or hurts to incorporate exercise? I have received conflicting opinions and am just curious of the opinions of those who actually live it.
A definitive YES to exercising to prevent lower back pain. makes sense to slim down and decrease pressure on your lower back while strengthening your core to stabilize the back.

I've lived with 1 herniated disk, 5 bulging disks for 25 years and everytime I gain some weight or stopped exercising, my lower back aches.

a couple other considerations, get a good mattress to support your LB when you sleep. if your back hurts most when you first wake up, then your mattress is likely the culprit. a short term, cheaper fix is to roll up a towel around your waste while you sleep for greater support so you do not sag and round out your lower back while you sleep. but I always found the towel to be a little uncomfortable.

Your posture. keep your abs flexed whenever you think about it to keep you standing or sitting tall. it will strengthen your core and releave LB pain.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom