Fake Meat

For 100 points, what is a courgette? No Googling, now!

I would have guessed a pink color Mercury Cougar....:cool:

Cougar.jpg

Last edited:
I don't like fake food, period. If it's not meat, call it whatever it is and then I'll decide.
+1

I think the thread title is a bit misleading. There's nothing false or fake about using other proteins instead of animals, other grains instead of wheat, etc. 20 years ago these products may have been labeled as "substitutes" in mainstream groceries but today they are all separate food groups, clearly labeled, and with an endless supply of recipes to help home cooks prepare meals.

How was it, I've seen the receipe but wasn't sure how it would be?

Zucchini is bland. It needs something flavorful to partner with. I usually sauté my spiralized zucchini and toss in some vegetables and a pasta sauce, either tomato based or pesto, and top with freshly grated Parmiggiano-Reggiano cheese, which, by the way, is vastly superior to the grated stuff that comes in tubs (with free cellulose).

http://business.financialpost.com/b...every-day-that-food-companies-dont-talk-about

Last edited:
For 100 points, what is a courgette? No Googling, now!

I knew that one! Alizee taught me, it's on her list of things she's fed up with!

I was watching this ONLY for the purpose of diversity, you understand...

My vegetarian cousin gave me a box of Boca Burgers a number of years ago. Not bad, but also not good. I discovered they tasted a lot better fried in bacon grease.

Zucchini is bland. It needs something flavorful to partner with. I usually sauté my spiralized zucchini and toss in some vegetables and a pasta sauce, either tomato based or pesto, and top with freshly grated Parmiggiano-Reggiano cheese, which, by the way, is vastly superior to the grated stuff that comes in tubs (with free cellulose).

http://business.financialpost.com/b...every-day-that-food-companies-dont-talk-about

Thank you, sounds like I'll try it. Great article it echoes what I've been doing. Real food, not any processed junk, now I see evidence of why it's a good idea!

Back
Top Bottom