FEHB options

Khan

Gone but not forgotten
I will be getting married within the year and will be adding him to health insurance.
Scouting around: is supplemental vision and/or dental insurance worth it?

Oh, Happy New Year.

I finally got around to signing up with the dental insurance last year and I have to say I've been pleased. My wife, who saw her first dentist in her entire life at age 39, has perfect teeth. She's 52 now and has NEVER had a single cavity. Unreal. Me, on the other hand, I've probably funded several dentists family vacations over the years. For that reason, I signed up for the GEHA high option dental plan. I believe it's $16.77 per pay period (I'm still working). So far, I've gotten way more than I've paid in. However, I have to admit that I found a large dental clinic that accepts the insurance's payment as payment in full for many services. I got 3 root canals/porcelain crowns & one wisdom tooth removed last year and never paid a cent over the premiums. Unbelievable and possibly not even legit on the part of the clinic, but yes....I did it and I'm sticking to my story! Anyhow...I like the GEHA dental plan, and am keeping them again this year. I'm not sure what new plans might be in the 2014 lineup.

Back
Top Bottom