First and likely last excperience with a 'walk in clinic'

Your are right... they stuck it to you. Kinda like a mechanic that works on your car. They just charge the listed rate for the expected time listed in the manual. If the expected time to do the work is 1 hour... thats what they charge even if it took 5 minutes.
True, but at least you know how much its going to cost before you start.

If you ask for the price, and they tried to charge me another price, I
would refuse, if they force me to pay, I would pay via credit card, then
call the credit card company to dispute the charges.
I definitely wouldn't go quietly into the night...

I had similar problem, had to call the finance person a few times but
got it corrected.
TJ

Ugh and here we go again. Gabes got a little fever (100), although he's eating well and other than feeling a bit warm to me, is still a small rocketship covered in strawberry jam.

Guess I'll be calling around to some pediatricians tomorrow to see who can fit us in.

Might just be some teething...I think he's cutting a few molars. But ya gotta know for sure.

Its killing me to think there are people without health care who dont have the means to pay out of pocket like I do.

Its really killing me to need to make all of these out of pocket trips when our coverage starts in a little over a week.

*grumble*

Cute and Fuzzy -

I hope your little one is feeling a bit better. Not that you would want to take any advice from me, but after having been through a lot of fevers with my kids, I've found it best to wait at least 3-4 days before taking my children to the pediatrician. 9 times out of 10 it goes away on it's own. If it (the fever) gets really high, then it could be an ear infection or strep, but I've been told by the docs that sometimes, if you take them in too early with strep, it won't show up in the test, so it can be better to wait a couple of days before bringing them in.

He's fine today. First (and only other time) he got sick and had a fever, I almost ran him to the emergency room before my neighbor the EMT and father of two gave me the "Calm down new daddy" speech.

So now he's a small rocket covered in strawberry jam with no pants and no diaper, with a giant grin on his face about the whole matter.

'scuse me while I go try to determine where in this vast house he's left the diaper and pants...

He's fine today. First (and only other time) he got sick and had a fever, I almost ran him to the emergency room before my neighbor the EMT and father of two gave me the "Calm down new daddy" speech.

I thought of giving you that speech when you mentioned he was cutting some new molars. I really did think of it. Kids often seem to have a mild fever briefly when they are teething (at least my kid did).

But then, it occurred to me that there could be something seriously wrong, and who knows from a distance, and wouldn't I feel bad if it wasn't his teeth? Hmm. To post, or not to post, that is the question.

Of course, the fact that I couldn't even log in at the time actually made the decision for me about posting or not posting the "Calm down new daddy" speech. :p

Glad to hear he's feeling better! Strawberry jam... that brings back memories!

Thanks for all the calming words. Indeed, the stuff isnt always tough to find...although sometimes the trail is something less appealing than jam.

He's been spending the morning practicing his monkey skills by climbing directly up my back and then sitting on my head.

I wish I was 20 years younger. But I probably wouldnt have been able to handle a 2 year old mentally and emotionally then :p

Back
Top Bottom