Fresh Coconut - how bad is the saturated fat?

I'd put the chances of him knowing he had a teen girl audience at 100.1%.
Yeah, you're right. I was blushing so deeply it probably lit up half the island, too. :ROFLMAO:

The guys who climb the trees around here are fully clothed.
Well that takes all the fun out of it! :D

Really, Audrey says it all in the following quote. She GETS it.... :)
Oh yeah - those young Polynesian men are a sight to behold!
And I remember that sight, 55 years later as a 71 year old woman; always will.

The problem with leaving rotting coconuts on the ground is rats . They will scavenge any fruit . Getting rid of rats is a lot harder than having trees trimmed . Usually before hurricane season crews are driving around to pick up extra business especially if they are already doing some work in your neighborhood . You can bargain with them . Last year I had a huge palm removed ,a few palm trimmed , two huge oaks trimmed and a stump ground for $550.

Still, the previous owners were there for 15 years and clearly never had the trees trimmed at all. When we moved in, we had to clean up years and years of palm tree debris (palm fronds do not decay), including simply hundreds of old dried-up coconuts.

I can't believe the Homeowner's association didn't go nuts.

We must have the only Beach community that doesn't have an HOA. The neighbors noticed when we cleaned up, though.

I can't believe the Homeowner's association didn't go nuts.

I haven't had the courage to bargain yet, but I'll give it a try. I tend to feel sorry for the crews because they work hard in the hot sun - then again, they are usually from countries where that is the norm.

. Usually before hurricane season crews are driving around to pick up extra business especially if they are already doing some work in your neighborhood . You can bargain with them . Last year I had a huge palm removed ,a few palm trimmed , two huge oaks trimmed and a stump ground for $550.

On one of the traveling food shows (can’t remember which) they host was given something I have always dreamed of trying. The fallen coconut goes through a sprouting process where the interior becomes like an apple. It looked so delicious. Has anyone eaten a partially sprouted coconut's flesh?

On one of the traveling food shows (can’t remember which) they host was given something I have always dreamed of trying. The fallen coconut goes through a sprouting process where the interior becomes like an apple. It looked so delicious. Has anyone eaten a partially sprouted coconut's flesh?

Yes, actually, I did at least once. Hard to describe. Mild, a little spongy. Nice flavor - did taste sweetly apple-like. Not at all like coconut.

Back
Top Bottom