Get your colonoscopy!

Just going thru the attic. I see nothing's changed.
Au contraire.

Overall, while neither you nor the board has changed for the better over the last year, at least today the board's software includes an "Ignore Poster" feature.

You have a nice life now...

LG4N

... but now i suspect my motives ulterior to avoid an exam of the interior of my posterior.

Nords
It's a pleasure to watch an artist practice his craft...

I get a video to take home each time I have a colonoscopy. Billy wants to put it to music like the 2001 Space Odyssey and watch it during happy hour. I hide the videos. Although I am grateful to have them for my doctor at my next colonoscopy, I don't need to see that particular artist's work very often!

smileydog
As travelover mentioned the prep is the worst part although not bad. My tip is keep the brew they give you very cold and drink it fast. Oh, and have a good book or movie that you can pause and keep yourself busy between sessions.

Having had colonoscopies done both in Mexico and in Thailand, I think Thailand has the best system. The day before I live life as normal. No fasting, no broth or jello. The next morning I wake up at 5 am, drink Swiff with water, wait an hour and drink another batch again. By 7 I shower, get dressed and catch a cab to the hospital for my 8 am appt. by 11 am I am out of the hospital with a complimentary ambulance ride home.

Helena
I always thought it rather curious that colonoscopy became widely promoted at the same time as a certain alternate lifestyle... quite a coincidence.
I don't know if that is true or not true, but 2 things here:

1) My Mother did not practice an alternative lifestyle and she died from colon cancer in 1997.
2) Colon cancer is 100% preventable if we get the tests and find out about it before it digs in.

I imagine, like anything else, 'Colon Cancer' wasn't a very attractive topic at cocktail parties so education about the topic lagged behind. Although Katie Couric isn't one of my favorite newspeople, I can surely appreciate her dedication to spreading the news and education about this topic.

Be Well, Stay Strong!
Akaisha
Author, The Adventurer's Guide to Early Retirement

Back
Top Bottom