HC coverage on Termination

24601NoMore

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hey guys..I always thought HC coverage would continue through the end of the month when you leave your job, but am pretty sure my company's policy is it ends on your last day of employment.

Does anyone know for sure? It seems that if the company paid premiums for you in a given month you'd be covered through end of month but did some googling and it seems like they can also end your HC on your last day.

TIA..

Depends completely on your mc. Mine ended on the last day of employment, and then I went on cobra.

Depends on MC. My MC's policy is published on this in the SPDs. Do you have a benefits site with the SPDs? (Summary Plan Descriptions).

I checked recently. Mine continues to the end of the month in which i terminate employment.

DH ended the last day of the month he worked (retired).

Mine ended on my last day, which was mid-month. I asked why, since premiums are collected in advance, and they said that it offsets the cost of coverage for new employees who are covered on Day One but haven't paid in yet because they haven't yet had a paycheck.

Whatever. Glad to be outta there!

As stated, depends on your company policy. Some have coverage to end of the month if you work any in that month, others coverage ends last day of employment.

Back
Top Bottom