Healthcare.gov website

Texas Proud

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
OMG!!!!!

This HAS to be one of the worst websites that I have ever seen...

This year I am looking to get subsidy and want to get a feel for what I can get and what plans are available to me.... BUT NO!!! I have been clicking on screen after screen of questions that are driving me bananas.... there is no easy way to fill anything out... you get a screen asking ONE question... and then anther screen asking another... and repeat about 1,000 times...

And if you hit a snag... well, screw you.... you go back and you have to start clicking ALL the screen again....

If this were a for profit company they would go under as NOBODY would spend this much time....

CRAZY!!!!

They dumbed the UI down for computer novices.

But, if someone is so novice then they can call and get service...

I have been clicking for 20 plus minutes and now have to certify that all I put down was correct.... but I just want to LOOK at the plans with the info specific to my family... I know that all I put down is not correct, just some estimates etc...

I also know that the site for estimating premiums is wrong as I got the renewal and it is $200 ish per month more than the website gives... since I am looking at that now.... so, I do not know if all are that amount off or just from my company or what...

You would have found it easier the second year when they fill most fields for you based on last year's answers.

Hints: Skip all OPTIONAL answers, and allow them to fetch data from IRS, etc.

No for profit company would ever specify all the constraints and requirements the government loves to specify in the tax code. Given the tax code constraints, the very diverse user population, the fact almost nobody uses the site often enough to become familiar with it, the lowest cost bidder aspect, and the millions of users who must be simultaneously served in a very secure way, the site is actually a fairly good implementation.

Just be glad you don't also have to take a supervised test for illegal drugs to qualify for a subsidy.

You should also remember the site was optimized for you to get health insurance, not to just peek.

You should also remember the site was optimized for you to get health insurance, not to just peek.

So you have to almost buy it before you can find out what it costs?

For those of us depending on this coverage, the website is the least of our problems.

OMG!!!!!

This year I am looking to get subsidy and want to get a feel for what I can get and what plans are available to me.... BUT NO!!! I have been clicking on screen after screen of questions that are driving me bananas.... there is no easy way to fill anything out... you get a screen asking ONE question... and then anther screen asking another... and repeat about 1,000 times...

And if you hit a snag... well, screw you.... you go back and you have to start clicking ALL the screen again....

If this were a for profit company they would go under as NOBODY would spend this much time....

CRAZY!!!!

click on "individuals and families", click on "see topics", click on "see plans and prices". At most you have to answer six questions that mean anything. Just "skip" the rest and all of the plans in your county will spit out.:greetings10:

i heard 100K people signed up for aca today

OMG!!!!!

CRAZY!!!!

Are you using the Preview Plans https://www.healthcare.gov/see-plans/ part of it or are you doing an application?

I used the plan preview portion first. You can easily edit your info like your income and see the subsidy change. Also, all the plans will be listed and you can filter them.

Once you do an application and submit it you have to use the income and info from the application. I don't think you can change it unless you cancel the application.

Are you using the Preview Plans https://www.healthcare.gov/see-plans/ part of it or are you doing an application?

I used the plan preview portion first. You can easily edit your info like your income and see the subsidy change. Also, all the plans will be listed and you can filter them.

Once you do an application and submit it you have to use the income and info from the application. I don't think you can change it unless you cancel the application.

If you see in another of my posts, I did the preview plans and the price it gave was very different than what BCBS sent to me in the renewal package I got.... so I wanted to look at the real prices based on my account....

click on "individuals and families", click on "see topics", click on "see plans and prices". At most you have to answer six questions that mean anything. Just "skip" the rest and all of the plans in your county will spit out.:greetings10:

Thanks... but that is where I have been... and I know that the price it gives is NOT the price I received from BCBS... for some reason it does not have my info and when I put it in I do not get the same premium.... so something else is going on....

So, if the plan I have now is not correct, then how can I compare unless I know what I can sign up for for real....

Thanks... but that is where I have been... and I know that the price it gives is NOT the price I received from BCBS... for some reason it does not have my info and when I put it in I do not get the same premium.... so something else is going on....

So, if the plan I have now is not correct, then how can I compare unless I know what I can sign up for for real....

Does the BCBS policy have a code#? If so you should be able to search based on that code. Also, is it possible that the BCBS quote is the price before any subsidy and price reductions?

The letter from BCBS may be assuming that your subsidy remains the same as last year. That may be true, but probably not, as your income and age have changed and the SLCSP cost in your area probably changed, too.

When I use the preview at HealthCare.gov before doing an application, the results were accurate. The letter from my insurance company was not.

Last edited:
Does the BCBS policy have a code#? If so you should be able to search based on that code. Also, is it possible that the BCBS quote is the price before any subsidy and price reductions?

The letter from BCBS may be assuming that your subsidy remains the same as last year. That may be true, but probably not, as your income and age have changed and the SLCSP cost in your area probably changed, too.

When I use the preview at HealthCare.gov before doing an application, the results were accurate. The letter from my insurance company was not.

I have been looking for the code at both the .gov site and BCBS.... no luck so far... it would be MUCH easier if you could find these things out easily... you know, where it smacks you in the face... :facepalm:

I do not get a subsidy monthly.... I was using a CC for payment and getting the cash back... I get it all back when I filed my return... BUT, I do want to get it next year and maybe go to a silver plan to get lower co-pay and deductible.... it now makes sense to do it...

I had used the see plans and prices to easily get info - then signed up and selected the same plan on Nov. 1st.

Got approved for subsidy - (did have to verify income - sent in a letter), which was approved on Nov. 9th.

Paid for plan at same price as noted in the see plans and prices - on Nov. 10th - everything good to go.

Found the website easy to use and no hangups throughout the process.

Think it's bad now? Try using it three years ago for the first open enrollment. Not only did you have the clunky interface and workflow, the site just flat out didn't work and constantly crashed under the load. I didn't get a confirmation of being insured until 12/30/2013, and I had been trying since the first day of enrollment.

Think it's bad now? Try using it three years ago for the first open enrollment. Not only did you have the clunky interface and workflow, the site just flat out didn't work and constantly crashed under the load. I didn't get a confirmation of being insured until 12/30/2013, and I had been trying since the first day of enrollment.

OH, I did.... but I was hoping that it would have gotten much better over the years.... but it has not changed...

And this year I am trying to get my subsidy monthly so I have more to fill out and for 4 people...

All I wanted to do was look at plans... and I KNOW that people keep pointing to the link to 'show plans', but I also KNOW that what the website shows for my plan and what the letter I got from the insurance company are more than 15% off... so I do not trust the 'show me' part and wanted to get to the actual place where to sign up and see what I wanted to do...

Not sure why it works for some people and not others. The show me plans price was $73.46 and the sign up price was $73.00 - paid for first month and received the paperwork from the Insurance company confirming prices and coverage yesterday.

The 'see plans' link asks for your age, but actually you should enter your age on January 1. Some of us have birthdays late in the year.

the site works infinitely better than in prior years. Sign up for DGF took minutes after some research on the plans. Had to provide income verification as in the past. This year income was verified in 24 hours after I uploaded the documents. In the past it took several weeks and ultimately had to mail it in.

Big improvement this year IMHO.

The 'see plans' link asks for your age, but actually you should enter your age on January 1. Some of us have birthdays late in the year.

I did do that....

But I would be surprised that it would go up over 15% due to one year older....

Back
Top Bottom