Help For Older Parent

ArthurF

Confused about dryer sheets
Anyone have any experience with an automated medication dispenser? I need to get something over to my mother in law, who's in isolation (like the rest of us), lives alone, but who's caregiver is no longer allowed in her building.

She needs help taking her meds at the right time, in the right dosages. I thoughts this medication dispenser (https://www.seniorsafetyreviews.com/hero-medication-dispenser-review/) might help. Anyone have experience with the Hero or something like it? Can I have it delivered to me, set it up for her and drop it off at he place, so it's plug and play?

Help advice, appreciated.

We did not get that one, but we did get one for mother in law. It was okay, but it did malfunction at times so I wouldn't think you can totally rely on it. Is your MIL okay mentally (no dementia)? If so, I'd look into something like a pill packaging service. All she'd have to do is pick the right package at the right time. With my MIL, that wouldn't have worked as she has Alzheimer's.

Of course a pill pack service isn't going to happen quickly. What about just a pill container that has as many openings as you need. There are a ton of them in all types of configurations. You could load that and drop it off.

Unfortunately, I just don't think the machines are as reliable as they need to be. So, it depends on how capable your MIL actually is. If it breaks down, would she at least know enough to call you?

DW started using Amazon's (!) pill packaging service a couple of months ago and is fairly happy with it. Each pack has date and time marked. THey come in a roll in a cardboard box dispenser. I think CVS and Walgreens have similar services.

Back
Top Bottom