Hot off the press - The Low-Starch Diabetes Solution

gindie

Full time employment: Posting here.
As a follow-up to recent threads on the subject, I just got Dr. Rob Thompson's brand new book on low-glycemic dieting from Amazon. Have gotten about 2/3 through it.

It is much like his previous book, however he does quote newer studies to back-up his claims.

I have also recently read Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution, a 400-page monster which is heralded by many as the bible of Diabetes. He takes a much stricter approach to ALL carb consumption, however I think Dr. Rob's has a much better chance of effecting a true lifestyle change.

As a follow-up to recent threads on the subject, I just got Dr. Rob Thompson's brand new book on low-glycemic dieting from Amazon. Have gotten about 2/3 through it.

It is much like his previous book, however he does quote newer studies to back-up his claims.

I have also recently read Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution, a 400-page monster which is heralded by many as the bible of Diabetes. He takes a much stricter approach to ALL carb consumption, however I think Dr. Rob's has a much better chance of effecting a true lifestyle change.

Bernstein is another guy who is long on opinion, short on data. He may be right, but it is quite difficult to have much confidence about that. Kind of a diabetes guru.

Ha

Back
Top Bottom