How to see current ACA HI premiums in multiple states?

blueskyk

Recycles dryer sheets
First, THANK YOU to all who take the time to post. I've been reading these forums for years (never posted until now) and the collective wisdom gathered up here has helped DH and I navigate up to and through our first ER year.

Health insurance premiums have been our main focus because it is our biggest expense (house paid off, no debts). We are considering a move to other states and would like to see what health insurance premiums cost for us in those areas (we're both 62).

I have looked diligently for this information but usually come across something for ages 25 and 40, never the $1000+ monthly policies for the over-60.

I've been told I can create a new application, put in a proposed address (looks like you have to be this specific) and you would see this info. For us, we would need to enter 7 applications for 7 different zip codes. I worry about creating some of the headaches I've seen noted here with Healthcare.gov and somehow loosing my "real" application which has been completed.

Are there good sources for nationwide ACA HI premium costs for over 60?

Last edited:
I've just been going to https://www.healthcare.gov/see-plans/ without logging in, and putting in the zip code. A small pain to enter your age and other info each time as you can't save it with no login but not too bad.

Viewing the plans based on different zip codes is on the healthcare.gov site but you need to look for the link. In prior years it was on the first page and more visible. You do not need to enroll.

However, if you don't want to enter and scroll screen after screen you can use the following site which gives the same information as the ACA site.

www.healthsherpa.com

Viewing the plans based on different zip codes is on the healthcare.gov site but you need to look for the link. In prior years it was on the first page and more visible. You do not need to enroll.

[/url]

It is now on the second page. Hit Get Coverage at the top and on the next page there is a link to preview plans

Back
Top Bottom