I did a step class last night and enjoyed it

retiringat50

Recycles dryer sheets
Love doing step as it burns more calories
Im 8wks postop from bunion/osteo/screw in my left foot. Last night I did a step class (well 1st 1/2 was step). I kept it low impact (no jumping, no bending toes, etc) but still worked up a sweat. I missed that - think I'll become a gym rat in my "early retirement".

Followed this class by 60mins Group Power weight lifting and a 30min outside walk. And did a 60min basic training class in the morning.

WOW!! If I have added this correctly you did about 31/2 hours of exercise yesterday. That's impressive. Are you a Jack Lalane groupie? You must be in very good shape. Keep up the good work but don't reinjure your foot.

I love step class, too. I've discovered I'm a social exerciser. I do much better when I have a class to go to. I do workout at home by myself, but I am much more motivated when working out with others.

I took a spinning class last week after doing step. Yikes! Now that was tough!

think I'll become a gym rat in my "early retirement".

That's my mom's hobby job now. She's there about 30-40 hours a week but enjoys it. She was there so much they gave her a job teaching spinning and step.

I found after retirement I needed the social activity of the gym so I go to water aerobics four days a week . I feel great and have met some nice women .

Agreeance on the social exercise. The boot camp class has been real fun, and the best part is finding some other interested women to go trail running with, since I'm so unmotivated running on my own. Having someone with you makes you want to push yourself more.

Our rec center has a cardio kickboxing class which mixes kickboxing moves with step, also. That's real fun and it's pretty decent cardio.

For 4 years recently I was working close to a Y and often did group classes including Step - it was whatever was on at 4:30 Mon - Thurs. I really enjoyed them. Working out with a good, interactive group can be fun. Looking forward to RE and getting back to those classes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom