Irish nursing homes

Having a Public House nearby would be a great benefit, I would think. One of the great things about them is that they are also family places, so when the little kids come to visit they can all get together at the pub. A great idea.

I think the marketing is appealing as much to the family of the potential resident--after you visit Grandpa (and maybe before, too :LOL:) you can stop at the nice pub.

I think the marketing is appealing as much to the family of the potential resident--after you visit Grandpa (and maybe before, too :LOL:) you can stop at the nice pub.

Exactly.

I do think about that. If I'm not able to go out and purchase wine, who will do it for me? Pretty sure the NH personnel won't be allowed to make an alcohol run. Likely I won't care after the "issues" set in, but for now, I'm concerned about this.

I do think about that. If I'm not able to go out and purchase wine, who will do it for me? Pretty sure the NH personnel won't be allowed to make an alcohol run. Likely I won't care after the "issues" set in, but for now, I'm concerned about this.

Online ordering? I've never bought wine online before but have read of others doing so. And if "issues" set in that you no longer can then I guess it doesn't matter.

Online ordering? I've never bought wine online before but have read of others doing so. And if "issues" set in that you no longer can then I guess it doesn't matter.

For Christmas sometimes I send my brother in Ireland online wine from wineonline.ie

In the USA, different states have different weird rules on delivering wine interstate. Different states can ship to only some other states, etc. But with enough effort, I have been able to send wine as presents direct from wineries in the USA.

In the USA, different states have different weird rules on delivering wine interstate. Different states can ship to only some other states, etc. But with enough effort, I have been able to send wine as presents direct from wineries in the USA.

I'd think wine making is popular enough now that almost every state but Alaska has a winery so one could skirt the issue by ordering from an in-state winery.

Oops, I was mistaken - Alaska does have wineries. Alaska Wineries AK

In some places Nursing Homes have Pubs inside. In still others, Pubs have Nursing Homes inside. Decisions, decisions...

How about a nursing home that IS a pub? And the givers are bartenders?

One may not last long in such a nursing home, but being invalid for a long time is not desirable to me anyway.

Back
Top Bottom