Letting off Steam

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Looks like I just found a new use for my infrared thermometer.

I'm guilty of eating soup while it is still very hot.

Anyone who likes to curl up with a steaming hot drink should consider letting some of that warmth subside; drinking it could increase their risk of developing cancer.

The group analyzed more than 1,000 studies and decided there was inadequate evidence for any cancer-causing effects linked to drinking coffee itself, away from the temperature at which it is served.

Very hot drinks can increase risk of esophageal cancer - CNN.com

The cause effect of eating very hot noodle soup is well known in China. I saw a report that in a northern Chinese village, many died from mouth or throat cancer because they eat/sip very hot noodle soup 3 meals a day. (I am not sure if it is true of what they claim though)

The cause effect of eating very hot noodle soup is well known in China. I saw a report that in a northern Chinese village, many died from mouth or throat cancer because they eat/sip very hot noodle soup 3 meals a day. (I am not sure if it is true of what they claim though)

Chicken noodle soup is bad for you? Say it ain't so!

I would have never thought that different temperatures could be a cause for cancer. But evidently not so. I went ahead and pulled out my BBQ laser thermometer measurements before for future soup eating.

I remember lecturing the Starbucks barista that they overheated their milk, they routinely bring it up to 160 degrees which carmelized the milk and totally changed the flavor (making it way too sweet) and to please not heat my latte milk above 120 degrees or so!

Also, when they get it so hot, the foam on the latte insulates the milk, and it takes forever to cool off. I don't know if they are still overheating milk.

I didn't know about the esophageal cancer! :eek: :eek:

Conversely, I would not be surprised to learn that drinking ice cold liquids would cause one to use more calories trying to get innards back to about 98.6 deg F. That is, cold liquids are a weight-loss supplement.

In China it may be the chicken soup. I highly suspect that it has more to do with the number of people who smoke and the quality of those cigarettes.

Conversely, I would not be surprised to learn that drinking ice cold liquids would cause one to use more calories trying to get innards back to about 98.6 deg F. That is, cold liquids are a weight-loss supplement.

Actually, there is a weight loss program that uses a vest that has pockets to hold cold packs on strategic body locations.

You can google weight loss cold vest, and find all sorts of brands.

Back
Top Bottom