medicaid-ACA gap

I'm not sure what you question is. In expansion states below 138% goes to Medicaid. In non-expansion states there is a gap from 0 to 100% FPL, no Medicaid and no ACA subsidies.

I'm not sure what you are asking. You may be asking the same thing I just happened to look up 20 minutes ago. My state didn't expand medicaid. I said I would make over 100% of federal poverty level but it doesn't look like I will. Luckily there is a safeguard for those in that position and we don't have to pay back any subsidy. Here is a link: https://help.ihealthagents.com/hc/e...f-Poverty-Will-I-Have-to-Pay-my-Subisdy-Back-

Thank you both.
I think in non expansion states the gap is between 40pct and 100pct of poverty level.
At least if it was earlier estimated by the exchange that subsidies are allowed they won't have to be returned :).
So I assume the key is to make sure the income is always higher than 100pct FPL or the only option would be to get an unsubsidised insurance. I just wanted confirmation that it would be the case.

Some states provide Medicaid to parents of children at low amounts of like 40% FPL even though they have no Medicaid expansion. Childless adults have a 0 to 100% gap.

Back
Top Bottom