Medicare Part D 2021 price increases

I will 2nd the use of GoodRX. In some cases they are cheaper than my "plan" pricing.

And don't be afraid to have the prescription transferred to a different pharmacy if you find the GoodRX price is better over there. In one case, the prescription at one pharmacy is 1/2 the price of the other pharmacy, both with GoodRX pricing.

Aetna's SilverScript will have a new plan for 2021 called SmartRx. The premium is $7.50 in most states and it's available in all 50 states. $0 deductible for Tier 1, $445 deductible for tiers 2-5. Page 2 of the PDF below lists the actual premium in each state and the preferred pharmacies.

SmartRx: https://nebula.wsimg.com/ae8bb99a2c...1737DEA001C86DFFB&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

I've been comparing some Part D plans over the past few days. According to the MyMedicare.gov site, for Washington state, King County, there are three Aetna plans, including this SilverScript Smart Rx (#205). The site says the premium is zero for all three Aetna plans--including the two others #060 & 061. I'm assuming that's because I clicked the box that says that I do not currently take any meds. However, the 2021 "Medicare & You" booklet I received says the monthly premiums for those three plans are: $31.30, $75 and $6.30, not zero for any of the three.

Can someone shed some light on this for me? If I change the plan online to #060, will my premium be zero or $31.30? Or should I play it safe and change my current AARP Plan #374 to the Aetna Plan #205 ($6.30/month)?

I've been comparing some Part D plans over the past few days. According to the MyMedicare.gov site, for Washington state, King County, there are three Aetna plans, including this SilverScript Smart Rx (#205). The site says the premium is zero for all three Aetna plans--including the two others #060 & 061. I'm assuming that's because I clicked the box that says that I do not currently take any meds. However, the 2021 "Medicare & You" booklet I received says the monthly premiums for those three plans are: $31.30, $75 and $6.30, not zero for any of the three.

Can someone shed some light on this for me? If I change the plan online to #060, will my premium be zero or $31.30? Or should I play it safe and change my current AARP Plan #374 to the Aetna Plan #205 ($6.30/month)?

We also live in King Co. We both will be on Aetna #205 for $6.30/month in addition to the $70 IRMAA for plan D. What ever you are looking at is wrong, none of those plans are $0.

These coverages are all a scam. My wife is going onto a Medicare Advantage HMO for one month in Dec then switching to Plan G with State Farm. The "insurance" cost for her pantoprazole is over $500/mo using the HMO drug card or her current BCBS cobra. Good RX is $12 for 3 months not over $1500. I wonder if the insurance company gets a kick back if they are able to charge $1500 at the Pharmacy using the insurance, when you can walk in without any coverage and buy it so cheap. This is the one area where government should step in and create a fair view of what is really going on. I can see a lot of folks might not check and be paying huge $$$$ for drugs that are cheaper without insurance.

I've been using an in person to broker to handle my Medicare stuff. As of today with the outbreak numbers in my county, it's obvious I won't be seeing him in person this year.

I can switch online to Aetna/SS and save a few bucks. Am I too close to the end of signup to pull the trigger on a new plan? Don't want any hiccups...

I've been using an in person to broker to handle my Medicare stuff. As of today with the outbreak numbers in my county, it's obvious I won't be seeing him in person this year.

I can switch online to Aetna/SS and save a few bucks. Am I too close to the end of signup to pull the trigger on a new plan? Don't want any hiccups...

As long as you do it before 12/7 you should be good. We went with this plan and are using GoodRx coupons anyway for most meds.

For those of you who enrolled in Aetna SilverScript SmartRX, have any of you gotten a bill for January 2021 yet?

Everything went smoothly with enrolling and we've both received our member cards and I registered with Caremark.

I didn't ask for the payment to be taken out of my SS and DH doesn't get SS so we want to set up monthly auto payments.

For those of you who enrolled in Aetna SilverScript SmartRX, have any of you gotten a bill for January 2021 yet?

Everything went smoothly with enrolling and we've both received our member cards and I registered with Caremark.

I didn't ask for the payment to be taken out of my SS and DH doesn't get SS so we want to set up monthly auto payments.

I also signed up for the Aetna SilverScript plan. I do not yet draw social security. The back page of the sheet on which your membership card is attached says they will Bill you for your monthly premiums. I have not received a Bill yet either.

I signed up for Aetna SilverScript plan and I got a letter today from SS saying they will take it from my SS payment which is what I asked for.

I also signed up for the Aetna SilverScript plan. I do not yet draw social security. The back page of the sheet on which your membership card is attached says they will Bill you for your monthly premiums. I have not received a Bill yet either.
How long from when you signed up until you received your membership card?

Back
Top Bottom