Medrol dose packs

Gulfbeach

Recycles dryer sheets
My doctor has prescribed this for me for gluteal weakness and while I find mention of steroids in several threads, I am interested in your experience with this short term dosing, primarily side effects. I have already learned that I should not take it within two weeks of the annual flu shot.
Many thanks.

I have allergies and I have done these periodically. I felt that for me it was worthwhile to do as nothing else really helps my allergies. It is not something that I would do on a regular basis. The only side effect that I had is that steroids can cause short term water retention. Once I did this while I was in the middle of weight loss doing weight watchers. The week I did it I was eating well but on the scale gained a few pounds which I didn't like. But a week later it was gone because it wasn't real weight gain.

I had no side effects. Worked for me for tendinitis. I also read to not take NSAIDS such as aspirin and ibuprofen with it. Can't remember exactly why.

I took a medrol dose pack last year for an arthritis attack that just wouldn't quit or respond to the anti-inflammatory meds I usually take. It sure did the trick, I felt great. It even took a full minute off my walk time.

No side effects, just very scheduled; it needs a lot of attention to stick to the dosage schedule. Too bad it's a once only thing.

Thank you all. This is actually for diagnostic purposes so one time should do it.
I appreciate knowing what to expect and will take it exactly as prescribed. I haven’t taken any prednisone since the 1970s and there were much higher doses then. I feel much more comfortable after reading your responses.
Many thanks!

Back
Top Bottom