New ACA SEP opened through 2022, 150 FPL or below

jim584672

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
A new Special Enrollment Period (SEP) for advance payments of the premium tax credit (APTC) eligible consumers with a household income at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL).

https://www.cms.gov/CCIIO/Resources/Regulations-and-Guidance/150FPLSEPTATIPSHEET

Since the public health emergency (PHE) will be ending soon, millions will be thrown off Medicaid. Looks like they are throwing out a lifeline for them. People on Medicaid have been locked in since March 2020 due to the PHE.

Last edited:
Interesting, thanks.

I would have thought that the loss of Medicaid would make one eligible for an SEP on an individual basis. I guess this is so that one doesn't have to provide documentation to prove loss of coverage?

Interesting, thanks.

I would have thought that the loss of Medicaid would make one eligible for an SEP on an individual basis. I guess this is so that one doesn't have to provide documentation to prove loss of coverage?
That is what I am thinking.

The Silver plans @ <150% are $0 premium in 2022 due to American Rescue Plan law.

Tell that to our insurance broker, healthcare.gov and Florida Blue. We went through this with them many times. anything Below $17,240 gets a Zero Subsidy.
Yes, but that's not what's he's saying. If your income is between 100% and 150% you WILL get a subsidy that makes your SLSCP $0 cost.

You're talking about income below 100% which he agreed would be no subsidy (like all non-expanded Medicaid states), and your plan is not the SLSCP.

Last edited:
In FL the ACA has a gap between 0% and 100%, no subsidy and no Medicaid. 100% to 150% would qualify for a $0 Silver SLCSP in 2022. 0% to 100% is full price.[/QUOTE

Tell that to our insurance broker, healthcare.gov and Florida Blue. We went through this with them many times. anything Below $17,240 gets a Zero Subsidy.
I hope you bought the policy through healthcare.gov so you can get subsidies. It can be reconciled at tax time. Income between 100% and 400% (more in 2022) will get subsidies.

The FPL is between the subsidy range by law you get them. I don't care what I see in a screen shot since I don't know what inputs made the screen or if healthcare.gov has an error in some way.

Back
Top Bottom