Nexium

SumDay

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
It's open enrollment time at my j*b, and I'm evaluating the PPO we're currently in vs. a high-deductible CDHP.

Soooo..... I'm going through our medical expenses to date, and see that DH's Nexium is $1000 per quarter, with our co-pay currently being $150. :(

I did search Nexium on here and can't find anything very recent. Is there anything that even comes close?

DH isn't going to like this, but if we switch plans, I really don't want to spend the bulk of our HSA on expensive Rolaids. Yes, I am usually always this sympathetic. ;)

Look into generic Omeprazole. It works as well for me as Nexium (it's pretty much the same drug) and it's a lot cheaper.

Last edited:
Next time you're south of the border, pick up a stash, no script required for less than $0.50 per pill.

Next time you're south of the border, pick up a stash, no script required for less than $0.50 per pill.

Wow, we could pay for a Mexico trip with the money we'd save in our HSA... Intriguing!!!!

There are many alternatives. My wife has been taking omeprazole for years and it works for her. I have seen it at the local BJs wholesale club for a good price.

I used to take Nexium but then a new health insurer wouldn't pay for it. I switched to Omeprazole and it works just as well at a much lower cost. I recently bought a bottle with 100 - 20 mg capsules for $18. Not sure what they cost in the States now.

Thought they had a coupon on their site. Does your plan cover Zegrid, it's even better.

MRG

Back
Top Bottom