No 1095-A from Federal Marketplace?

Out of the blue, today I received a notice telling me that my application for medi-cal had been denied, and another telling me that my application for medi-cal had been accepted. Since my 'case worker' has never returned any of my calls, and doesn't appear to speak any English, I find myself a little confused! :)

Digging into the 'acceptance' letter, it appears that they've cherry-picked a number from the 1040 I uploaded to the 'proof of income' section of CoveredCA. That number was my IRA distribution, which together with my final wage packet from January, made up my income for 2014. Of course, that distribution was a small amount to take my income above the Medicaid threshold. It appears they've taken that number, divided by 12 and lo: I have a new income estimate, courtesy of medi-cal!

I think I shall hotfoot it over to their local office in the morning, as that is one of their options for correcting income discrepancies. Perhaps I'll ask to have an English speaking case worker assigned to me at the same time. I'd be grateful for any other recommended courses of action ... anyone? :)

This was mentioned earlier. ACA, made mistake. Sent out 1095A's that were incorrect. Said wait, for corrected 1095"s before sending in Tax Returns.

Just read article in Paper, Said, IRS is going to "pardon" any incorrect tax
return already submitted. So no need to refile correct tax return.

This is the simple answer. Question is. What exactly was incorrect.
Did I overpay, or under pay.

IN my case, covered Ca. my 1095A was incorrect, but I'm not sure if the corrected version, which I'm still waiting for, corrects something else, not
the error I found. ACA is out of control. ha :greetings10:

Received GF's corrected 1095! Was mailed March 30 to our Colorado address and USPS got it to Az yesterday. Her taxes were filed right after we received the original in mid Feb.

Ran TT to see if the corrected version affected her taxes. It did significantly... basically wiping out her refund. IRS says don't have to file amended return nor will they try and recoup underpayments. Will be interesting to see if they send original refund based on incorrect 1095 or whether they will just go ahead and correct and send reduced amount.

She filed by mail as she was a victim of a fraudulent filing a few years ago and is leery of efile. "Where's my refund" says her return is still being processed.

This could get interesting.

Up Date. ACA, (called Covered California here). Still have not received
corrected 1095's. Again, what a joke:dance:

I gave up on my 1095-A from the Federal marketplace and went ahead and filed my taxes with the numbers I had. It's the best I could do and I didn't want to prolong the agony by filing an extension. I very much doubt that it will ever be produced anyway.

I hope things go more smoothly for 2015 coverage although it's already started out bumpy with our coverage being cancelled once and then immediately renewed due to someone not understanding my income situation. And then of course there's the issue of in-process Supreme Court case.... :rolleyes:

Up Date. ACA, (called Covered California here). Still have not received
corrected 1095's. Again, what a joke:dance:

As mentioned earlier, I also could not wait. So filed using what I thought
would be the correct 1095a.

If I ever get the corrected 1095a, will do amended return, if I'm owed $.

Sad story is, taxpayers who pay to have there returns prepared are up the
creek. If they wait, and file an extension, it costs them much more to have
returns prepared.

If they do what I've done. And then have taxpayer do an amended return when they do receive 1095a, another fee. :mad:

such a mess....:facepalm:

Didn't get around to filling out my taxes until early this week. Noticed the 1095A I received from the Washington state exhange was obviously wrong. Sent an email to the exchange explaining what I thought was erroneous.

The site said the wouldn't be able to respond by April 15 unless I had emailed by March 30. Went ahead and filed taxes anyway with the incorrect form figuring I would amend if/when I received a corrected form. The correction would have increased my refund by $2,000.

They sent the corrected form by email on April 15 anyway. I had filed my taxes on the 14th. Send an amended return today.

Love the fact I'm getting affordable health care in ER, but the customer service at the exchange has been pretty poor.

Back
Top Bottom