non eligibility for HSA confirmation

ratface

Recycles dryer sheets
I have been reading the HSA threads and it is my conclusion that I will not be eligible upon retirement. I will have emplyee sponsored health care funded at 50%. Therefore this would not be considered a high deductible policy. I know it's probably a stupid question but reading the IRS publications is spinning my head.

An HSA-eligible high deductible policy (HDHP) has nothing to do with whether or not the premiums are employer-subsidized. It has to do with the coverages and deductibles in the policy itself.

An HSA-eligible high deductible policy (HDHP) has nothing to do with whether or not the premiums are employer-subsidized. It has to do with the coverages and deductibles in the policy itself.

Yeah, I have an HDHP with an HSA where the employer kicks in around 85 percent of the premium for the HDHP and annually contributes $1500 into the HSA. The major disqualifiers for an HSA are being 65 years and older, not having an HDHP (where there are coverage and deductible quailifers), or being covered by someone else's health insurance plan.

Back
Top Bottom