Nonfat milk linked to prostate cancer

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
Doc, have you seen this?

"The amount of calcium and vitamin D in the diet appears to have little or no impact on the risk of prostate cancer, but the consumption of low-fat or nonfat milk may increase the risk of the malignancy, according to the results of two studies published in the American Journal of Epidemiology."

Don't drink whole milk - too much fat...
Don't drink low fat milk - increases your chance of prostate cancer...

OK, I give up. Beer for breakfast!!!

the last paragraph states :

"Our findings do not provide strong support for the hypothesis that calcium and dairy foods increase the risk of prostate cancer. The results from other large...studies, with adequate numbers of advanced and fatal prostate cancers, may shed further light on this question," Park's team concludes.

So, no need to panic just yet.

Ohhhh, blergggggggg....brocolli juice mentioned twice this week. :dead:

Now, now, boys. :cool:

I think I'll go have a nice, cold, yummy glass of skim milk and contemplate this. tee-hee!

Ok, this got me thinking...do male calves grow up to be bulls with prostate cancer?

Ok, this got me thinking...do male calves grow up to be bulls with prostate cancer?

Probably not, but then they likely don't drink much skimmed milk either. :)

Ha

Retrospective, data-mining, lacking both statistical and biologic plausibility.

Pass the milk over here. I'm thirsty.

Same here. Two glasses of Organic Non-Fat milk per day... last thing I want to hear is that it's bad for me! :)

But even if it were, perhaps my "Prostate Optimizer" supplements by Jarrow might help offset the risk....

Good thing I switched to low fat, unsweetened soy drink for my breakfast cereal a few years ago.

Until someone publishes a (Rich's words: Retrospective, data-mining, lacking both statistical and biologic plausibility) study on soy drink.

Wasn't there something about soy and liver problems? I doubt it's any more 'dangerous' than milk, and 1/1,000,000 less dangerous than getting in your car to go get the milk or soy drink.

-ERD50

Until someone publishes a (Rich's words: Retrospective, data-mining, lacking both statistical and biologic plausibility) study on soy drink.

Wasn't there something about soy and liver problems? I doubt it's any more 'dangerous' than milk, and 1/1,000,000 less dangerous than getting in your car to go get the milk or soy drink.

-ERD50

For those concerned, they may want to go to Dr. Andrew Weil's site, and do a search on soy. He has his own ideas.

The way I look at it, nutrition is still in it's infancy, and there's many more studies yet to come. No guarantees for anything one eats or drinks.

Back
Top Bottom