NYC vs California Exchange?

lexicon

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello,

I FIRED 3 years ago, and have been living in California. Kaiser is an excellent option here for health care, and I've been enjoying it, (much more than anything I ever had in Manhattan, even with employer provided health insurance).

Due to changes in my circumstances, I might be moving back to Manhattan again. I'm wondering how good (or bad) the provider networks in NYC are on the exchange.

Overall, I'm pretty healthy but with mid-life, something or the other seems to not work as well as it used to :) so I ask this question in the context of feeling like I will need a little bit of healthcare support.

Thanks in advance for anything you share!

You should be able to go to the NY healthcare exchange site and put in a zip code for where you might choose to live and see the exact insurers and their plans (and prices) that will be available to you. They will not change until January 1, but you should be able to see the 2023 plans on November 1st.

Look at the details of the plans and they should link you to sites where you can explore exactly what the network looks like. But if you don't know specific hospitals/physicians yet, it may be challenging to figure much out.

You should be able to go to the NY healthcare exchange site and put in a zip code for where you might choose to live and see the exact insurers and their plans (and prices) that will be available to you. They will not change until January 1, but you should be able to see the 2023 plans on November 1st.

Look at the details of the plans and they should link you to sites where you can explore exactly what the network looks like. But if you don't know specific hospitals/physicians yet, it may be challenging to figure much out.

Hey thanks PauncyPirate. I was hoping to avoid some of this work and just get some anecdotal views from any current users on how good or bad the networks are based on their use. But no replies other than yours so I might have to do some legwork. Thanks.

Don't know about NYC since I'm in Nassau County. The plans by me are fine. All my docs have been in several of the plans. NY has the Essential Plan for 200% FPL and below, which is normally $20 a month but free for this and last year. For 2023 it is supposed to go up to 250% FPL, but they haven't rolled that out yet.

Back
Top Bottom