OptumBank HSA Unable to Log In

Senator

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Our company just transferred the HSAs to OptumBank. It appears the site has mostly been down since the end of December. I want to get my funds invested again, as the funds went over in cash.

The CSR said it was a firewall issue, and to try a different browser. Maybe an incognito window might help they said.

Is anyone else having issues?

I wonder how incompetent a IT department of a company has to be that they did not have a plan to back out the year end changes?

Or that they do not have a fall-back plan? Or a lack of testing that was required to implement the change.

If they were a real bank, they would have been shut down by now...

We use Optum bank for our HSA. We usually log in through our desktop running Windows 10 w/ latest updates. Website is optumbank.com

Have logged in several times over the past few weeks an not noticed any problems.

I tried just now:

Chrome browser (our default) works great and logs in quickly.

Internet explorer is s-l-o-w but does work.

What kind of message are you getting?

Edit to add:

We have IOBit Malware running, and CCleaner in the background. Windows firewall is running.

I noticed that there is a redirect after entering the user name & password. Some anti-virus software programs have problems with redirects.

Using Windows 10, with the latest updates. Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit).

It may be that some parts of the country are having issues, or only some companies HSAs.

Either way, the CIO, and several IT managers, should be fired as soon as this issue is resolved.

Attachments

• OptumCapture1.JPG
    OptumCapture1.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 18
  • OptumCapture2.JPG
    OptumCapture2.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 18
Yeah, it's frustrating when you're watching the market soar & can't get a buy order through! We're also in the Twin Cities so I don't think it is a regional thing.

I checked our version of Chrome and when I opened the properties window it updated from 63.0.3239.108 to 63.0.3239.132 (same as yours). Logged in just fine after the update.

Do you get the message at the first login page, or after you enter user name & password?

If the messages are after log in could there be a hold or delay on your specific account?

By the way, we're very happy with Optum. No monthly fees if you keep $5k in the account. They pay about 0.3% on cash (whoopee!). Investment choices are pretty good, but we keep our account in cash as it is part of our emergency fund. Self-reimbursement hasn't been a problem.

Yeah, it's frustrating when you're watching the market soar & can't get a buy order through! We're also in the Twin Cities so I don't think it is a regional thing.

I checked our version of Chrome and when I opened the properties window it updated from 63.0.3239.108 to 63.0.3239.132 (same as yours). Logged in just fine after the update.

Do you get the message at the first login page, or after you enter user name & password?

If the messages are after log in could there be a hold or delay on your specific account?

By the way, we're very happy with Optum. No monthly fees if you keep $5k in the account. They pay about 0.3% on cash (whoopee!). Investment choices are pretty good, but we keep our account in cash as it is part of our emergency fund. Self-reimbursement hasn't been a problem.

Sometimes the message occurs right after the login in redirect, sometimes right after you key in the userID and PW.

I'm suspecting that your account (or all the accounts of your former employer) are locked or on hold for some reason. Maybe try calling a former colleague who also had their account transferred to see if they are having problems?

If the transfer was within the last few days it could take time for the transaction to clear, especially with the Holidays.

The only other thing I would try is logging in on a different machine. Do you have an Android tablet or IPad you could try?

If the account isn't blocked or delayed and you get the same problem then you could ask them do a purchase for you through the Customer Service telephone line, and insist they eat any usual fees because of the problems.

That about covers my limited tech support capability. Maybe someone else here can take it further.

I'm suspecting that your account (or all the accounts of your former employer) are locked or on hold for some reason. Maybe try calling a former colleague who also had their account transferred to see if they are having problems?

If the transfer was within the last few days it could take time for the transaction to clear, especially with the Holidays.

The only other thing I would try is logging in on a different machine. Do you have an Android tablet or IPad you could try?

If the account isn't blocked or delayed and you get the same problem then you could ask them do a purchase for you through the Customer Service telephone line, and insist they eat any usual fees because of the problems.

That about covers my limited tech support capability. Maybe someone else here can take it further.

I did try both my laptop and the desktop. Sometimes I can key in my userid, mostly not.

FWIW, I am having similar issues accessing the Optum HSA site. My counterpart at work called me this morning after he had issues. So we are not alone. He called Optum and learned that they are in the process of updating their site to accommodate new tax law and that may explain some issues. Wish they would just post a bulletin because I went through the whole deal of resetting my password and then emailing my user name when the site kept saying it didn't recognize my login.

I just tried and was able to log in. I am however having trouble getting my bank account verified so I can transfer money to top off my 2017 contributions. My bank has not received Optum's test deposits, though Optum's CS rep said they were sent a couple weeks ago. Could be the bank's problem I suppose.

I've logged in several times over the past week and haven't had any issues using Win10 and Firefox. Anyone have any luck getting the investment portion of your Optum HSA account imported into Quicken? I'm only able to get the non-investment portion into Quicken and have to manually update the investment gains/loses.

I manually update the investment transactions. No automated capability.

I logged onto the Optum site on Tuesday just fine. I did have problems over the holiday weekend though.

I use the firefox and edge browsers.

I am getting the same message that Senator is. I think his former employer is my current employer, and moved all the accounts on December 31. It is not clear whether this is a transfer/ setup issue or a login issue.

Please post if you learn anything new.

One thing that I've had problems with the last couple days concerning Optum HSA is setting up my monthly 2018 contributions online, don't recall having any issues last year. I keep getting an error message after selecting all the contribution options that 'we are unable to complete the transaction, call or try again later'. Anyone else seeing this? I'll try again tomorrow and give them a call if the error doesn't clear up.

I was able to get in now for about a week. A really lame excuse for not having a web site up.

One thing that I've had problems with the last couple days concerning Optum HSA is setting up my monthly 2018 contributions online, don't recall having any issues last year. I keep getting an error message after selecting all the contribution options that 'we are unable to complete the transaction, call or try again later'. Anyone else seeing this? I'll try again tomorrow and give them a call if the error doesn't clear up.

If anyone else is having trouble setting up their 2018 HSA contributions on the Optum web site you might want to make sure the amount is in whole dollars. I tried to set up my contributions in equal monthly amounts ($4450/12=$370.83) but kept getting the error message listed above. I contacted Optum support and after a few days their tech support contacted me and told me to try to set up the contribution amount in whole dollars. I tried it and it worked. Not sure why it was an issue, my 2017 contributions were not in whole dollars and I didn't have any issues. Probably a bug in their software, hopefully they'll get it fixed.

Back
Top Bottom