Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Bicycling

Votes: 37 27.2%
  • 12 oz curls is my limit!

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • None, exercise is for others to do!

Votes: 6 4.4%

• Total voters
350 calories burned minimum per day by doing something active. Plus normal walking around, housework, etc.

I did my after-work running yesterday, wow did the weather make it hard to stay motivated. Completed my 2 miles, had to convince myself to keep going through the whole time. Right about freezing actual temp, but a very strong 30-40 mph cold wind blowing. My nose and ears were very cold, and other exposed skin on face and neck also felt the chill. At least I got a lot of fresh air! Took me several hours to really warm back up. I am ready for this cold weather to stop!

As it stands now I have the 5 days at the gym, weekends are dog walking (~4-5miles/day) and bike riding ~30-50miles. The walking will increase when I retire as should the biking, but the days at the gym might decrease (since it will be much further away that it is when I go at lunch) but the time at the gym could increase since I won't have meetings to get back to :D...

I am a fifth degree black belt and I work out in class probably 2-3 time a week.. I also work out on my own about once or twice.

I played rugby for about 13 years and lifted a lot back then, do not lift at all now.

Well, maybe Exercise is good for you. I certainly enjoyed this workout:

Right now I do one day of push/pull (chest, back, shoulders, arms); one day of arms/shoulders, elastic tubing work and hitting heavy bag; and then leg day which includes weight lifting and sprinting. So thats basically weight training three times a week, and then I get in another day or two of inclined treadmill walking, heavy bag work, ball slams, and elastic tubing. Most workout are 45 min, but never more than 1 hr long. I like to change up my routine about every 12-16 weeks.

Well, I will not be doing much of anything, as today I fell while exercising and sprained my right wrist. Can't drive. Ow.

I lift weights at the gym on MWF and I am pretty serious about it.

Also I do a variety of light cardio workouts there or at home, now and then, because I know I should.

I don't especially like cardio but I love lifting weights. :smitten:

+1
Cannot do cardio of any kind because lose weight way too easily. Been lifting weights for four decades. Have never looked better, never felt better.

We go to to the gym every other day unless something prevents it, then go the next day, so it is 3 or 4 times a week. We started a bit over a year ago partly inspired by reading Younger Next Year and partly because I could feel the atrophy setting in big time and wanted to reverse that.
But I feel much better and of course my doctor is enthused about me staying with the exercise.

Walt34, our financial planner actually recommended "Younger Next Year" a couple years ago to all his clients. I read it and DH and I have adopted the motto, "move or die." We are avid hikers but could be doing so much more. This is our last year before retiring!

Back
Top Bottom