Recumbent bicycles

F4mandolin

Full time employment: Posting here.
In my effort to get to 500 posts....just thought I would throw this one out there. In a combination of getting older.....and a pretty decent wreck while living in Okinawa.....I switched over to riding a recumbent bicycle about 4 years ago. If you are having issues with exercising......or riding a regular diamond frame bicycle (normal bike)......really really consider switching to the recumbent bicycle. Takes the stress off the hands (numbness for me from the wreck)......takes the pain out of the a**, you are reclined......and, on flats and downhill you can kick the hell out of a normal bike. Uphill...well....they don't work as well.

In my effort to get to 500 posts....just thought I would throw this one out there. In a combination of getting older.....and a pretty decent wreck while living in Okinawa.....I switched over to riding a recumbent bicycle about 4 years ago. If you are having issues with exercising......or riding a regular diamond frame bicycle (normal bike)......really really consider switching to the recumbent bicycle. Takes the stress off the hands (numbness for me from the wreck)......takes the pain out of the a**, you are reclined......and, on flats and downhill you can kick the hell out of a normal bike. Uphill...well....they don't work as well.

What do recumbent bikes require your toes to do?

What do recumbent bikes require your toes to do?

Not a whole damn lot. But it still kind of irritates the base of the big toe just from the pressure. Thanks for the chance to add another post:). If I could...I would go back to running.....damn I miss running....

Not a whole damn lot. But it still kind of irritates the base of the big toe just from the pressure. Thanks for the chance to add another post:). If I could...I would go back to running.....damn I miss running....

And you have a sore toe, eh? Coincidence?

Tune in tomorrow for the next episode....... :LOL:

The problem is more with the top of the toe. Which.....if it is arthritis...fits the symptoms. But.....because when I ride the bike (I put it on an indoor trainer at this time) it is a workout....there is a period of hardish mashing on the pedals involved.

Back
Top Bottom