Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-17-2021, 08:50 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemick View Post
Sten Eckberg, Utube. 10 lbs so far. Been dinking around with 'intermittent fasting" for a month or so. One meal a day except when I crack and eat ice cream with Hersey's chocolate within 4 hours. 2-3 inches off the waist so I'm happy. Expect to lose discipline thru the holidays somewhat.

Heh heh heh - old habits die hard - thirty years of NOLA fried seafood platters and chili cheese fries and now in KC land of BBQ.
Stumbled on Sten Ekberg maybe six weeks ago; and have been trying to follow his program. Love his videos. I haven't measured it, but my waist does feel smaller as well.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2021, 09:09 AM   #42
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2 View Post
I am a big fan of Cronometer as daily calorie and nutrient tracker. I did a Keto diet for about 3 months and weighed and logged everything that I ate.
It didn't take long for my to see I was low on several nutrients. I made those up with a daily vitamin. The program has many items by brand name and it makes it pretty easy to log items you eat. Not affiliated, just found it very helpful.

https://cronometer.com/
I second this endorsement of the excellent Cronometer. Have used it for many years to track my daily nutrient and calorie intake. That and intermittent fasting (time restricted eating) have both been tremendously beneficial to my health and happiness.