Rowbike - what do you think?

dex

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I like this idea - I have a road and mountain bike.
This looks like a great all body work out.
Whole Body Fitness

Looks like a great workout...I think it might take some time to get used to, in terms of keeping balance and steering. I'm looking to buy a rowing machine when returning to the states, but this might be a good alternative.

R

there are a couple of videos on youtube - it does look like a great workout

From a few angles it looks like there could be some interference between the down-tubes on the pull-bar and the rider's upper thighs at the very end of the stroke. A thousand bucks is also a little steep for a [-]cheapskate [/-]frugal sort like me--but maybe an abandoned one would come available on eBay (as seems to happen with all exercise equipment).

No doubt that rowing is a great workout. Watch your form or your back will really pay the price.

from the looks of your avatar dex, you don't need any more working out!

maybe you just have a crush on the cartoon lady demonstrating the product?

how do you brake? i see they steer by leaning...could be fun if you're near a long strip like a boardwalk, shore or some place...

It looks like it provides exercise... but it may be a little hazardous to use on roads (compared to a normal bicycle). It looks like the movement of the body would not keep one as stable as peddling... and perhaps more distracted.

IMO - If you are interested in rowing, use a boat or a rowing machine.

Looks like you can pop wheelies on each back stroke. Maneuverability seems awkward. .

This reminds me of a piece of exercise equipment (stationary) that was popular about 10 years ago which I purchased. It was a very good workout but it was very boring. Something mobile would probably be a lot more interesting.

Based on nothing but the videos, I get the feeling that it would get very tedious.

Note how much effort this guy puts in to ride up a hill:

YouTube - lee cole rowbike

damn...no gears...I would die trying to get that thing up the hills where I live. I will have to vote for staying with the old fashioned bike that lets me change gears so I can actually make it up the hills :)

kevin

damn...no gears...I would die trying to get that thing up the hills where I live. I will have to vote for staying with the old fashioned bike that lets me change gears so I can actually make it up the hills :)

kevin

The $750 model doesn't have gears - the others do.

Back
Top Bottom