Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-06-2008, 07:59 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Shades of Max Klinger...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2008, 11:26 PM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Anybody remember Jamie Lee Curtis' character's trouble with heels in "True Lies"
Old 03-08-2008, 07:45 AM   #23
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texarkandy View Post
Anybody remember Jamie Lee Curtis' character's trouble with heels in "True Lies"
yes! she was a riot in that movie. stole the show from Arnold S.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:12 PM   #24

I swore off high heel shoes many years ago. I only wear very low high heeled shoes to church, weddings and funerals basically. The rest of the time I am in fairly flat shoes (tennis shoes, Birkenstock type sandals) and my feet feel fine.

I can't believe all of the things that women do to try to look good for their man. I do much of it myself, such as wearing make-up, coloring my hair, waxing my eyebrows, shaving armpits and legs, are some of the things off the top of my head. Can you imagine what the vast majority of men would say, if we would ask them to do any of the above or if we were to ask them to wear a dress with hose on a day when the weather was freezing?
Dreamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
I swore off high heel shoes many years ago. I only wear very low high heeled shoes to church, weddings and funerals basically. The rest of the time I am in fairly flat shoes (tennis shoes, Birkenstock type sandals) and my feet feel fine.

I can't believe all of the things that women do to try to look good for their man. I do much of it myself, such as wearing make-up, coloring my hair, waxing my eyebrows, shaving armpits and legs, are some of the things off the top of my head. Can you imagine what the vast majority of men would say, if we would ask them to do any of the above or if we were to ask them to wear a dress with hose on a day when the weather was freezing?
So dont do it.
Notmuchlonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:02 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygood4nothinbum View Post
n i can only conclude that the sex to which the fetishistic urologist refers is either entirely selfish on his part or involves pain on hers.

I'm shocked at you LG4NB! A good liberal like you automatically assumes that the urologist is male!

For the record, the urologist is Dr. Maria Cerruto. (and yes, they use the feminine pronoun to refer to her in the article).

Perhaps you won't be so close-minded next time.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:10 PM   #27
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek
Quote:
I posed myself on the sofa just wearing them.
Ok, I got that picture in my head. Then what happened?

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:46 PM   #28
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
yes! she was a riot in that movie. stole the show from Arnold S.
I thought she did a splendid job of showing her boobs acting in "Trading Places"...

Old 03-09-2008, 02:15 PM   #29
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post

I know of perfectly straight guys who wear panty hose instead of long underwear on cold news (admittedly in addition to pants..) cause they says it keeps them warmer.

I also think that woman go to the trouble of glamming themselves partly to impress other woman. You hear woman tell each "you look great" love your shoes, new hair etc. way more often than you hear compliments from men. Guys never have good things to say about each others appearance.

(Of course that maybe because we don't wear make up , heels, shave our legs, pluck our eyebrows, accessorize, do anything besides shave and shower in the morning) But it all evens out in the end cause woman live longer.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:38 PM   #30
Give me a forum ...

re I know of perfectly straight guys who wear panty hose instead of long underwear on cold news (admittedly in addition to pants..) cause they says it keeps them warmer.

visions of Broadway Joe Namath in PH are dancing in my head...and he had the legs and keister to pull that stunt off!
that made a huge impression on me as a teenage girl. LOL
Old 03-09-2008, 03:15 PM   #31
Give me a forum ...

I've seen a stocking on a guy's face at the police dept...does that count?
Old 03-09-2008, 05:32 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post

I also think that woman go to the trouble of glamming themselves partly to impress other woman.
I would agree with the above statement. I have to admit that I don't wear make-up all the time, but I definitely wear it when I go to my monthly retiree luncheon (all ladies)!
Dreamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:22 PM   #33
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post
I also think that woman go to the trouble of glamming themselves partly to impress other woman. You hear woman tell each "you look great" love your shoes, new hair etc. way more often than you hear compliments from men. Guys never have good things to say about each others appearance.
Women's society has much in common with the chickenyard. If the hens don't stay on top of things, they get pecked to death.

I went to a workkshop with a Platonic woman friend. There she met and fawned all over and was fawned over by another middle aged woman. This second woman made small flirting overtures to me. When I left with my friend she told me how much she hated the other woman, how phoney she was, how forward she was and how she was always hugging and touching men, blah blah blah.

Hello? Did she stop to think that this woman was likely ripping her at the very same moment?

Ha
Old 03-09-2008, 06:46 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

I don't play. Nor do my two best women friends. We have been together through money troubles, miscarriages, a coming out, cancer, deaths of parents, divorces and split ups as well as though college graduations, first "real" jobs, love and marriage, exciting new careers, children and the successes of the children (including my namesake Martha).

BTW, none of us are inclined to wear high heels.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:10 PM   #35
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
I don't play. Nor do my two best women friends. We have been together through money troubles, miscarriages, a coming out, cancer, deaths of parents, divorces and split ups as well as though college graduations, first "real" jobs, love and marriage, exciting new careers, children and the successes of the children (including my namesake Martha).

BTW, none of us are inclined to wear high heels.
Your avatar says otherwise.

- George Orwell

Ezekiel 23:20
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:17 PM   #36
Give me a forum ...

Great moments in high heels; thanks to our friends in the Ukraine.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:18 PM   #37

I used to wear hose as a young lad playing football. Hey they keep you warm. Or thats my excuse and Im sticking too it.
Notmuchlonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:03 AM   #38
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
Women's society has much in common with the chickenyard. If the hens don't stay on top of things, they get pecked to death.

Ha, you're a brave man!

The semiconductor industry dispensed with make-up years ago. What was interesting is when there was a social gathering of cow-orkers, all the gals wanted to get "gussied up", and would often apply make-up in the restroom at a bar, or in their car in the parking lot, before making an appearance.

My view? (A) Most of them looked just fine w/o make-up, and (B) women often wear too much. It's like cologne/perfume; a subtle whiff, or a toxic cloud...

As for panty hose, I keep ripping them with my spurs...

Old 03-10-2008, 10:54 AM   #39
Give me a forum ...

re Women's society has much in common with the chickenyard. If the hens don't stay on top of things, they get pecked to death.

once i stopped laughing (my face hurts!!!), i actually thought about this.
haha is right on target with this.

is it nature or nurture?

i'm a woman, and i never ever did understand this pecking order with my own gender. i choose to hang out with the guys for this very reason.

ladies, help me out here.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:27 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooreBonds View Post
I'm shocked at you LG4NB! A good liberal like you automatically assumes that the urologist is male!

For the record, the urologist is Dr. Maria Cerruto. (and yes, they use the feminine pronoun to refer to her in the article).

Perhaps you won't be so close-minded next time.
sorry, only urologist i know is a male cousin of mine. could be he came to mind. either that or my brain simply could not wrap around the concept that any woman would try to justify wearing uncomfortable shoes. so it just might be my liberal background afterall.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote