Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-08-2020, 06:24 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I am beginning to wonder if I cracked my collarbone yesterday . . . . I may be seeing a doctor sooner than I think!
badatmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2020, 06:26 PM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.

We have a shower chair. It works great.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Drive-Med...-Gray/22057639
Old 08-08-2020, 07:18 PM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I agree with those who say go see a doctor. It is more important to address the root cause than the symptom. There is no guarantee the symptom solutions will be 100% effective.

I feel safe going to the doctor. I went for a full physical and everything was set up very well. So do not hesitate. It would seem that the odds of you getting injured in your condition might be greater than the odds of catching a severe case of the virus.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:27 PM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecfo View Post
My immediate reaction to thread topic was to think.of those "suicide showers" in the islands.
Without Googling this, it has to be one of those shower heads with electric wires running to it to operate a heating element in the shower head to warm the water. My parents went on a vacation to Haiti in the 1970s and took a picture of one of these that was in the hotel room they stayed in. Looked like a part from an electric chair or something out of a Frankenstein movie.
NateW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:02 AM   #25
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by badatmath View Post
How much niacin? I did quit taking vitamins because I ran out about Feb and quit shopping at costco due to the pandemic (crowds). I mean not that I couldn't get them somewhere of course it just didn't seem important.

Everyone here is so nice, no matter what I ask people try to help!
You can buy vitamins online at costco.com , we did and they ship them free.
The price of the vitamins might be $1 more than in your local store, but for us it was an easy solution.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:28 AM   #26
Dryer sheet aficionado

badatmath, Just a thought, does the dizziness happen when looking up, as when rinsing hair and face? Consider your carotid artery flow is restricted, as this move reduces flow more. When getting hair washed at hair salons most will insist older people face toward the sink and bend forward. Not sit with back to sink and hang head over sink.

Narrowing happens with age.
TN Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:50 AM   #27
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Hmm, maybe. I definitely associate it with moving my head and neck - didn't realize it could be so many things. Most days are not a problem . . .but
badatmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:37 PM   #28
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateW View Post
Without Googling this, it has to be one of those shower heads with electric wires running to it to operate a heating element in the shower head to warm the water. My parents went on a vacation to Haiti in the 1970s and took a picture of one of these that was in the hotel room they stayed in. Looked like a part from an electric chair or something out of a Frankenstein movie.
That is correct. We have used them I think in Culebra. Didn't die but updated will.
Montecfo is online now   Reply With Quote