Spouse going from marketplace to medicare ???

I need help with a similar, but different issue. I'm in Maryland, first year on the MD health connection. I signed us up beginning this year as a family of 4. In September, both kids got jobs with health insurance :dance:
I had planned on a pretty significant subsidy. Should I maintain the family policy, claim them as dependents and try to cut my income to offset theirs? Or change my policy now to reflect just 2 of us and not claim them as dependents? Or maybe just claim the one who makes the least as dependent so we still qualify for family plan subsidy, but then do I have to remove the other one from the application / coverage?

If they have HI offered through work its fraud to leave them on ACA.. you need to recalculate based on two people .try to make sure your income isn't over the chiff

If they have HI offered through work its fraud to leave them on ACA.. you need to recalculate based on two people .try to make sure your income isn't over the chiff

After removing them from the ACA insurance, does whether or not I claim them as a dependent affect the subsidy? IE, do I have to factor in their income to my subsidy amount in order to be able to claim them as dependents? I don't think it matters if I claim them or not. I think that only affects who gets the tax deduction (me or them).

After removing them from the ACA insurance, does whether or not I claim them as a dependent affect the subsidy? IE, do I have to factor in their income to my subsidy amount in order to be able to claim them as dependents? I don't think it matters if I claim them or not. I think that only affects who gets the tax deduction (me or them).

The form will ask for the number of people in your household and then the number of people needing insurance..if you aren't over the cliff for two people it might not be as bad as you think...it's also based on annual income that's a factor for starting work in September.

If your state has it's own plan you can call and have them walk you thru it. You'll need to do this anyway to remove them from your policy as they no longer quality. You need to get it taken care of so it doesn't jam up your 2020 enrollment..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom