THC or Cbd

kitesurfer2

Recycles dryer sheets
CBD has no effect on joint pain when you rub it in.
THC is truly the wonder drug for Arthritis. \
the pot today is no different than it was 50 years ago. people just make the comment because they have heard some else say it.
low quality pot may cause munchies.
weed is very difficult to grow.
weed is very easy to grow.
LED grow lights are cheaper to operate than Mh.

Ok, post any question or make any comment. some people know, some only repeat what they hear.

Sounds like we need a subject matter expert (SME) to sort these things out?

Cheech & Chong or Snoop Dogg?

Now leave me to my ginseng saw palmetto echinacea ginger turmeric oat bran muffins

CBD has no effect on joint pain when you rub it in.
THC is truly the wonder drug for Arthritis. \
the pot today is no different than it was 50 years ago. people just make the comment because they have heard some else say it.
low quality pot may cause munchies.
weed is very difficult to grow.
weed is very easy to grow.
LED grow lights are cheaper to operate than Mh.

Ok, post any question or make any comment. some people know, some only repeat what they hear.

Challenge accepted. My comment is "I suspect that most products coming out today which feature cannabis derivatives represent a lot more bandwagon-jumping exaggerated claims, and a lot fewer reliable data-based benefits."

I can't help thinking that I've seen trendy, transient cure-alls come and go many times. This one is the latest, but it won't be the last.

Epidiolex.

My favorite Snoop dog:
I've got my mind on my money, and my money on my mind.

A little morning music (he even has a Pittsburgh Penguins hockey shirt on). Warning, he uses some bad words (NSFW/Parental Discretion required):

How about a 3rd? Willie Nelson. He can provide historical reports Although he is not doing any new testing from what I've heard.

Pot is different now, for sure, than 50 years ago: everything is now sensimilla. In the old days, it was available, but more often not.

Fifty years ago certain people (potheads) were touting the miraculous benefits of hemp. The crop yielded beneficial oil, fabric and rope too. The profit crop of the future.
Today it’s CBD oil. What goes around...

Fifty years ago certain people (potheads) were touting the miraculous benefits of hemp. The crop yielded beneficial oil, fabric and rope too. The profit crop of the future.
Today it’s CBD oil. What goes around...
Yeah, some stoners figured out you can make biodegradable plastics from that plant too. Who knew?

Actually people knew a lot. Look at 100 year old elixir bottles and you have an idea. Most all had similar ingredients with Cannabis Indica being very popular(so was morphine).

While I can't be certain of the contents my DF told a story about his DM giving him some elixir in the early 1920s for a bad flu. His only recollection was taking a perfect swan dive from the top step screaming wheee on his way to meet the floor.

Pot is different now, for sure, than 50 years ago: everything is now sensimilla. In the old days, it was available, but more often not.

Absolutely. Very possibly the only truth Jeff Sessions ever said (regarding pot) is that "this is not your father's pot". When I was young I used to be able to VERY occasionally get something excellent like Sens or thai stick or Hawaiian or something, but mostly it was Columbian at best, and often ditch weed. Now everything you can get is killer, and I've smoked some that was so strong I didn't enjoy it. I mean, 28% THC? That's insane. Plus you can get extracts that are up to 99% THC.

And this opinion isn't due to a result of lack of awareness. I've been smoking for nearly 50 years, with very few vacations from it. This is the difference between bathtub gin and Pappy Van Winkle.

PS - Even high quality pot causes munchies, although I think it can be influenced by variety.

Through selective breeding pot generally got stronger over the years. Extracting the active ingredients concentrates them and the end product is more potent than the pot that it came from.

It's as easy to grow as any other plant. It has certain nutrient requirements & certain types of bugs and molds can cause problems, like with many plants. It likes full sun & good drainage.

I was having a ton of knee pain. I bought some CBD ointment with a small amount of Thc. I applied it twice daily for a few months until the pain totally disappeared. I also use it for neck and back pain.

The pot today (top shelf) makes the stuff we used to smoke in school seem like whisky compared to beer. Legalization has led to huge improvements in genetics for potency.

I smoked plenty of pot in the 70s, and enjoyed it a lot. Took a decade and a half vacation, and in those 15 years the stuff got a lot stronger. Tried it, didn't like it. Took about 20 more years off, and in that time made some new friends who enjoy it. Some use a pretty lightweight strain, and some use much more potent stuff.
I tried it again. Unfortunately (I guess), whatever my body enjoyed about it 40+ years ago, no longer works for me. The strong stuff is no fun for me at all, the weaker stuff does nothing for me, and both seem to make me really lethargic the next day. I am lazy enough without seeking out something to make me lazier.

but I do enjoy a wee bit of wine, and/or distilled spirits just fine. I always say that smoking pot is a crapshoot, but if I pour myself two fingers of Jack Daniels, I always know what I'm getting. If I screw it up it's on me.

I
, and both seem to make me really lethargic the next day. I am lazy enough without seeking out something to make me lazier. .

That is probably why, in my state, a Sleep Apnea diagnosis will enable a person to get a medical marijuana card.

Harry J. Anslinger, was Commissioner of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Narcotics under Nixon. He made a lot of speeches, looking at some of his speeches is kind of funny, but it tells us all we need to know about why marijuana was made illegal.

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana usage. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others."

"Marihuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing"

"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men."

"Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind."

"the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races."

"Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death."

"smoke a joint and you're likely to kill your brother."

Harry J. Anslinger, was Commissioner of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Narcotics under Nixon. He made a lot of speeches, looking at some of his speeches is kind of funny, but it tells us all we need to know about why marijuana was made illegal.

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana usage. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others."

"Marihuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing"

"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men."

"Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind."

"the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races."

"Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death."

"smoke a joint and you're likely to kill your brother."

From Wiki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_J._Anslinger)

"Harry Jacob Anslinger (May 20, 1892 – November 14, 1975) was a United States government official who served as the first commissioner of the U.S. Treasury Department's Federal Bureau of Narcotics during the presidencies of Hoover, Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, and Kennedy."

Nixon had enough problems, Anslinger wasn't one of them. Appears he was an equal opportunity offender with both political parties.

From Wiki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_J._Anslinger)

"Harry Jacob Anslinger (May 20, 1892 – November 14, 1975) was a United States government official who served as the first commissioner of the U.S. Treasury Department's Federal Bureau of Narcotics during the presidencies of Hoover, Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, and Kennedy."

Nixon had enough problems, Anslinger wasn't one of them. Appears he was an equal opportunity offender with both political parties.

He proudly made a lot of speeches that are extremely offensive today.

I'm no big fan of RMN, but according to Wikipedia, Anslinger retired in '62, hence, was gone during Nixon's presidency. Appointed by Hoover, during Hoover's administration.

I smoked plenty of pot in the 70s, and enjoyed it a lot. Took a decade and a half vacation, and in those 15 years the stuff got a lot stronger. Tried it, didn't like it. Took about 20 more years off, and in that time made some new friends who enjoy it. Some use a pretty lightweight strain, and some use much more potent stuff.
I tried it again. Unfortunately (I guess), whatever my body enjoyed about it 40+ years ago, no longer works for me. The strong stuff is no fun for me at all, the weaker stuff does nothing for me, and both seem to make me really lethargic the next day. I am lazy enough without seeking out something to make me lazier.

but I do enjoy a wee bit of wine, and/or distilled spirits just fine. I always say that smoking pot is a crapshoot, but if I pour myself two fingers of Jack Daniels, I always know what I'm getting. If I screw it up it's on me.

It's not you, it's the pot.

The "good" pot that you used to enjoy was most likely a Sativa. They tend to be more uplifting and energetic than Indicas, which help more with pain relief but tend to put you to sleep.

Growers and breeders liked to use indicas because they were more productive, producing heavier buds, on more compact plants, that finished quicker. The high feels stronger, IMO, because it's more debilitating. Instead of enhancing your mindset and boosting your energy Indicas produce a heavy numbing high, which makes it more difficult to function.

Sativas originate from warm tropical climates, so they have long growing seasons and the plants can grow huge. Some of the Asian & African varieties can grow over 15' tall.

If you happen to have the opportunity to go visit a state that has legal recreational marijuana you should go to a pot shop and ask for a Thai strain, which are considered the most "cerebral" of the sativas. The Mexican, Colombian, Jamaican, and African ones are all good too.

It's really a shame that the indicas took over with commercial & indoor growers, but they were so much easier and more productive the just sativas couldn't compete.

Hopefully, as hemp production becomes more popular and warm Southern states eventually legalize marijuana sativas will make a comeback. I'll invest heavily when those stars align. ;)

The "good" pot that you used to enjoy was most likely a Sativa. They tend to be more uplifting and energetic than Indicas, which help more with pain relief but tend to put you to sleep.

Thus the nickname for Indicas - In Da Couch

Growers and breeders liked to use indicas because they were more productive, producing heavier buds, on more compact plants, that finished quicker. The high feels stronger, IMO, because it's more debilitating. Instead of enhancing your mindset and boosting your energy Indicas produce a heavy numbing high, which makes it more difficult to function.

Sativas originate from warm tropical climates, so they have long growing seasons and the plants can grow huge. Some of the Asian & African varieties can grow over 15' tall.

If you happen to have the opportunity to go visit a state that has legal recreational marijuana you should go to a pot shop and ask for a Thai strain, which are considered the most "cerebral" of the sativas. The Mexican, Colombian, Jamaican, and African ones are all good too.

It's really a shame that the indicas took over with commercial & indoor growers, but they were so much easier and more productive the just sativas couldn't compete.

Hopefully, as hemp production becomes more popular and warm Southern states eventually legalize marijuana sativas will make a comeback. I'll invest heavily when those stars align. ;)

Actually more important than indica or sativa is the terpenes. Terpenes are the compounds that give cannabis the flavor and smell. Those compounds in a myriad of combinations with the other cannabinoids (70+ ive read) not just thc/cbd are responsible for the effects.

Here is a quick guild to smell testing your buds. Indica terpenes will be noticed first near the base of your nose. Sativa at the top, near your sinuses, and hybrids in-between. Try it.

On the question of" is todays weed stronger"? Where is the proof? In the 70's weed was mostly imported and treated terrible. Plus grown improperly. Some areas left it on the ground to dry. Remember finding stones and dirt in it? Along with seeds and stems. Those were the days, and don't forget paraquat.

Breeders imho opinion brought out what was already there. And todays weed is dried, cured and stored properly. Big difference.

And speaking of breeding most varieties now days are hybrids. Another reason to ignore the indica sativa labels, unless its an old landrace variety. Some sativa flowered for months and months. Growers paying light bills no likey.

If you miss that old good time happy go lucky weed buzz from the old days, try a variety with some cbd in it. Thats one thing (cbd) pretty much bred out of todays weed, although its becoming more popular. Another thing is cannabis with citrusy smelling buds. That smell is from a certain terpene (limonene) that makes the whole experience more up lifting.

Anyway thats what I heard somewhere, lol.

Last edited:
I've always enjoyed waking and baking. I think in California we've been more blessed than most with quality product, but I don't think it's more potent than in the old days.

I actually think that the best of the old days was better than anything I've found today. The difference is that in the old days, it was almost impossible to source and it would vanish quickly because it was so rare. The old hippies were amazing growers! You just had to know the right people.

Before legalization, most weed was not good quality since buyers couldn't be choosey and growers wanted to turn larger crops faster to make more money. (The best weed takes a lot of time and money to grow and crops are smaller.) Even today, growers make a lot of trade-offs between yield and quality. Ultimately, I believe it's more than just the amount of THC in the plant, but it is the main measuring stick that draws my interest.

On a side note, I love using the weed delivery service! From my desk to my door in less than 60 minutes. Simply amazing. (I've come to hate the retail stores.)

Back
Top Bottom