Join Early Retirement Today

THC or Cbd
Old 03-06-2020, 05:09 AM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

THC or Cbd

CBD has no effect on joint pain when you rub it in.
THC is truly the wonder drug for Arthritis. \
the pot today is no different than it was 50 years ago. people just make the comment because they have heard some else say it.
low quality pot may cause munchies.
weed is very difficult to grow.
weed is very easy to grow.
LED grow lights are cheaper to operate than Mh.

Ok, post any question or make any comment. some people know, some only repeat what they hear.
kitesurfer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2020, 06:34 AM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

Sounds like we need a subject matter expert (SME) to sort these things out?

Cheech & Chong or Snoop Dogg?
latexman is offline   Reply With Quote
Now leave me to my ginseng saw palmetto echinacea ginger turmeric oat bran muffins
Old 03-06-2020, 06:59 AM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Now leave me to my ginseng saw palmetto echinacea ginger turmeric oat bran muffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer2 View Post
CBD has no effect on joint pain when you rub it in.
THC is truly the wonder drug for Arthritis. \
the pot today is no different than it was 50 years ago. people just make the comment because they have heard some else say it.
low quality pot may cause munchies.
weed is very difficult to grow.
weed is very easy to grow.
LED grow lights are cheaper to operate than Mh.

Ok, post any question or make any comment. some people know, some only repeat what they hear.
Challenge accepted. My comment is "I suspect that most products coming out today which feature cannabis derivatives represent a lot more bandwagon-jumping exaggerated claims, and a lot fewer reliable data-based benefits."

I can't help thinking that I've seen trendy, transient cure-alls come and go many times. This one is the latest, but it won't be the last.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:18 AM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Epidiolex.
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 07:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by latexman View Post

My favorite Snoop dog:
Quote:
I've got my mind on my money, and my money on my mind.
A little morning music (he even has a Pittsburgh Penguins hockey shirt on). Warning, he uses some bad words (NSFW/Parental Discretion required):
copyright1997reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 08:08 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by latexman View Post

How about a 3rd? Willie Nelson. He can provide historical reports Although he is not doing any new testing from what I've heard.
CRLLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:19 AM   #7

Pot is different now, for sure, than 50 years ago: everything is now sensimilla. In the old days, it was available, but more often not.
sengsational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 11:15 AM   #8
Recycles dryer sheets

Fifty years ago certain people (potheads) were touting the miraculous benefits of hemp. The crop yielded beneficial oil, fabric and rope too. The profit crop of the future.
Today it’s CBD oil. What goes around...

Unless you multiply yourself by the speed of light squared. Then you energy.
chilkoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 11:30 AM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilkoot View Post
Fifty years ago certain people (potheads) were touting the miraculous benefits of hemp. The crop yielded beneficial oil, fabric and rope too. The profit crop of the future.
Today it’s CBD oil. What goes around...
Yeah, some stoners figured out you can make biodegradable plastics from that plant too. Who knew?

Actually people knew a lot. Look at 100 year old elixir bottles and you have an idea. Most all had similar ingredients with Cannabis Indica being very popular(so was morphine).

While I can't be certain of the contents my DF told a story about his DM giving him some elixir in the early 1920s for a bad flu. His only recollection was taking a perfect swan dive from the top step screaming wheee on his way to meet the floor.
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 11:50 AM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengsational View Post
Pot is different now, for sure, than 50 years ago: everything is now sensimilla. In the old days, it was available, but more often not.
Absolutely. Very possibly the only truth Jeff Sessions ever said (regarding pot) is that "this is not your father's pot". When I was young I used to be able to VERY occasionally get something excellent like Sens or thai stick or Hawaiian or something, but mostly it was Columbian at best, and often ditch weed. Now everything you can get is killer, and I've smoked some that was so strong I didn't enjoy it. I mean, 28% THC? That's insane. Plus you can get extracts that are up to 99% THC.

And this opinion isn't due to a result of lack of awareness. I've been smoking for nearly 50 years, with very few vacations from it. This is the difference between bathtub gin and Pappy Van Winkle.

PS - Even high quality pot causes munchies, although I think it can be influenced by variety.
Old 03-06-2020, 01:05 PM   #11
Recycles dryer sheets

Through selective breeding pot generally got stronger over the years. Extracting the active ingredients concentrates them and the end product is more potent than the pot that it came from.

It's as easy to grow as any other plant. It has certain nutrient requirements & certain types of bugs and molds can cause problems, like with many plants. It likes full sun & good drainage.
GreenEggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 01:35 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

I was having a ton of knee pain. I bought some CBD ointment with a small amount of Thc. I applied it twice daily for a few months until the pain totally disappeared. I also use it for neck and back pain.
Teacher Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:06 PM   #13
Give me a forum ...

The pot today (top shelf) makes the stuff we used to smoke in school seem like whisky compared to beer. Legalization has led to huge improvements in genetics for potency.
Old 03-06-2020, 02:32 PM   #14

I smoked plenty of pot in the 70s, and enjoyed it a lot. Took a decade and a half vacation, and in those 15 years the stuff got a lot stronger. Tried it, didn't like it. Took about 20 more years off, and in that time made some new friends who enjoy it. Some use a pretty lightweight strain, and some use much more potent stuff.
I tried it again. Unfortunately (I guess), whatever my body enjoyed about it 40+ years ago, no longer works for me. The strong stuff is no fun for me at all, the weaker stuff does nothing for me, and both seem to make me really lethargic the next day. I am lazy enough without seeking out something to make me lazier.

but I do enjoy a wee bit of wine, and/or distilled spirits just fine. I always say that smoking pot is a crapshoot, but if I pour myself two fingers of Jack Daniels, I always know what I'm getting. If I screw it up it's on me.
HadEnuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadEnuff View Post
I
, and both seem to make me really lethargic the next day. I am lazy enough without seeking out something to make me lazier. .
That is probably why, in my state, a Sleep Apnea diagnosis will enable a person to get a medical marijuana card.

"This is the year 2020 and nothing is OK" ...Lois Griffin
timo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 01:41 PM   #16
Full time employment: Posting here.

Harry J. Anslinger, was Commissioner of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Narcotics under Nixon. He made a lot of speeches, looking at some of his speeches is kind of funny, but it tells us all we need to know about why marijuana was made illegal.

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana usage. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others."

"Marihuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing"

"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men."

"Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind."

"the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races."

"Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death."

"smoke a joint and you're likely to kill your brother."
Old 03-07-2020, 04:48 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offgrid Organic Farmer View Post
Harry J. Anslinger, was Commissioner of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Narcotics under Nixon. He made a lot of speeches, looking at some of his speeches is kind of funny, but it tells us all we need to know about why marijuana was made illegal.

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana usage. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others."

"Marihuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing"

"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men."

"Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind."

"the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races."

"Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death."

"smoke a joint and you're likely to kill your brother."
From Wiki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_J._Anslinger)

"Harry Jacob Anslinger (May 20, 1892 – November 14, 1975) was a United States government official who served as the first commissioner of the U.S. Treasury Department's Federal Bureau of Narcotics during the presidencies of Hoover, Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, and Kennedy."

Nixon had enough problems, Anslinger wasn't one of them. Appears he was an equal opportunity offender with both political parties.
Old 03-07-2020, 05:45 PM   #18
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsFan View Post
From Wiki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_J._Anslinger)

"Harry Jacob Anslinger (May 20, 1892 – November 14, 1975) was a United States government official who served as the first commissioner of the U.S. Treasury Department's Federal Bureau of Narcotics during the presidencies of Hoover, Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, and Kennedy."

Nixon had enough problems, Anslinger wasn't one of them. Appears he was an equal opportunity offender with both political parties.
He proudly made a lot of speeches that are extremely offensive today.
Old 03-07-2020, 05:51 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offgrid Organic Farmer View Post
He proudly made a lot of speeches that are extremely offensive today.
I agree. But why put the blame on Nixon?
Old 03-07-2020, 06:12 PM   #20

I'm no big fan of RMN, but according to Wikipedia, Anslinger retired in '62, hence, was gone during Nixon's presidency. Appointed by Hoover, during Hoover's administration.
HadEnuff is offline   Reply With Quote