The coming healthcare police state

Are we back to billions of people in the U.S.? 1.4M is .46%, say, half a percent, of the US population, not .004%. Unless you think there are 30 Billion Americans, in which case it really is .004%

Oh, and I'm sure the Kaiser people polled all of those who are uninsured to figure out how many are "unhealthy." Why, all those folks are really doing great, except for the .004% of them.

But it's much worse than that. If I look at page 11, as you suggested, I find 21.5M nonelderly in poor or fair health, of which 4.3M, or 20.1%, are uninsured. That means 1 out of 5 Americans in fair or poor health are uninsured. Sounds pretty lousy to me. And these are numbers from the insurance people!

Sorry - When I divided 1.4/350 I forgot to roll the decimal two places. Still, .4% is a very small percentage of the entire American population....

The healthcare industry in this country is a total scam.

Health care spending in the United States has increased by $621 billion since 2000 to $1.9 trillion this year, and current expenditures for health care services account for about 24% of the increase in the gross domestic product between 2000 and 2005, according to a report by researchers at the Boston University of Public Health. The report found that per capita health care spending in the United States on average is double that of Canada, France, Germany, Italy and Britain, which provide universal health coverage to residents. The report stated, "Current U.S. spending should be adequate to cover all Americans."

Peace

Only about 1.4 million of the uninsured population considers themselves "unhealthy" (.004% of the American population)

Really, really bad math!

Since there are about 300 million people in the US, the percentage off by a factor of 100 assuming the the value of 1.4 million is correct.

MB

Really, really bad math!

Since there are about 300 million people in the US, the percentage off by a factor of 100 assuming the the value of 1.4 million is correct.

MB

I know - I forgot to roll the decimal two places. Still, .4% of the entire population is still a very small number. That's basically the point I was trying to make.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom