The (dental) choices are ...

Wow. That's a great price. Did insurance cover most of it, this reducing your coat to $5,000 for the 3 implants,? I had one implant last year covered 60% by dental insurance and the cost to me was still 3 grand.

DW corrected me (as usual). It was two. But we paid cash - no insurance. Dentist gave her an unspecified discount because of LT relationship and zero insurance.

And I am the 3rd retired dentist responding and I also echo my colleagues' shared opinion. If this was my mouth, and as long as the two existing teeth are in healthy enough condition, I would have the bridge remade. If the bridge is remade and eventually fails, then you still have the option for implants, or maybe another redo. If implants are done and there is a failure, not pretty.

Rich

Thanks all for replying..
After thinking about it I’ve scheduled the implants for Monday. Why?
1) The teeth are broken below the gum line. That paddle ball racket caused a good deal of trauma - I question their viability.
I had a root crack and get infected then an extraction..
2) lots of feed back “best decision I’ve ever made”

It won’t be fun but there are far worse things... thanks again

Thanks all for replying..
After thinking about it I’ve scheduled the implants for Monday. Why?
1) The teeth are broken below the gum line. That paddle ball racket caused a good deal of trauma - I question their viability.
I had a root crack and get infected then an extraction..
2) lots of feed back “best decision I’ve ever made”

It won’t be fun but there are far worse things... thanks again

Sounds to me like you have made the right decision, for you. BTW, back in the late 1970s and early 80s when racquetball was gaining a lot of popularity, I played it for awhile, along with squash. I could never get comfortable with those rackets whizzing by my head, especially in squash. I also had the opportunity to play platform tennis, which I took up to the exclusion of the other two, because I was more comfortable with my opponents in front of me, than behind me. Of course I got whacked in the nuts a couple of times, but that did go away eventually.

Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom