Tricare Plus

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I was on Tricare Prime until they kicked me out for being age 65. After enrolling in Medicare and TFL, I have been seeing a civilian Dr. I am considering enrolling in Tricare Plus which I just found out about yesterday (not sure why I never investigated it before) and since our area has a large military Medical Center they seem to have this program available.

Is there anyone here that is familiar with Tricare Plus and can give me pros/cons on the coverage?

<H2>Eligible Beneficiaries
Beneficiaies using any of the following health plan options can use TRICARE Plus:
  • TRICARE Standard and Extra
  • TRICARE Standard Overseas
  • TRICARE For Life
Beneficiaries using TRICARE Plus have access to primary care appointments with the same priority as Prime-enrolled beneficiaries. TRICARE Plus is not available to beneficiaries enrolled in a TRICARE Prime option, a civilian HMO, or Medicare HMO.
</H2>Special Programs - TRICARE Plus

Thanks for posting. This is something I know nothing about but it looks interesting. I am 60 but have already been looking at how Medicare and TFL will work for us. Hopefully someone on the forum has expereice with Tricare Plus and will share some of their wisdom.

I wish I could help, but I too am just starting to look at TLC and Medicare. Just curious, but from what I gathered today was at age 65 and no longer eligible for Tricare Prime, it looks like costs will go to ~105/month per individual. Or roughly $2520/year for a couple. Is this correct?

That's quite a bit more than the $538/year for a family. That's $2K I wasn't planning on. :(

Very interesting!
This is the first I've heard of Tricare Plus. Looks like there would be no reason not to enroll, since it isn't related to other programs.

I've been using Medicare/TFL for a couple of years now and am highly satisfied with it. But I'm just about 70 miles from a good military hospital so I'll be checking to see if they offer the Plus option.

Back
Top Bottom