Tricare Prime Question

Rustic23

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Lets say I am 70 and my wife is 21 and I want to enroll her in Tricare Prime. Do I pay only $230? See there are other expenses with a 21 year old wife, that would cut into my retirement funs make that funds.

Yes -- Yes -- Maybe a TRICARE Supplemental Policy? Can you get care for her (and maybe you) at a nearby Military Treatment Facility, if you can skip the supplemental policy.

Of course you do not mean the 70/21 thing -- if that is true you may have more problems than TRICARE can fix.

Lets say I am 70 and my wife is 21 and I want to enroll her in Tricare Prime. Do I pay only $230? See there are other expenses with a 21 year old wife, that would cut into my retirement funs make that funds.

Assuming you're not kidding, the answer is yes as Wood said, but have you considered Tricare Standard with a MOAA Mediplus supplement? At her age it's pretty cheap, maybe even cheaper than Prime, allows her the choice of doctors, and pays the 25% Tricare doesn't cover, with a low deductible of $150 or $300. Again, assuming you are not kidding, all I can say is... Dude!
evil.gif

Here's a linlk
TRICARE Supplements

LOL - I don't think it would cut into your "retirement funs" at all!

Peace

I think a 70 year old with a 21 yo wife has all the retirement benefits he needs

Lets say I am 70 and my wife is 21 and I want to enroll her in Tricare Prime. Do I pay only $230?
Yes.

I think it should be mandatory, because otherwise the doctor would never believe your stories and have a heckuva time diagnosing you... you might even be considered delusional or senile!

During a Wing Commander's briefing many years ago the CC told the troops about the "new" exercise requirements and that they were required to do a minimum of 3 30 minute aerobic sessions per week. One of the young officers' asked if having sex would count. After much laughter, he was told it would as long as he could keep it up for at least 30 minutes per session and it was validated by a non-participant. :D

Wow, 70 yo guy & 21 yo women - sounds like a heart attack in the making. But if you have to go, what a nice way to go. :p

Regarding your question -- You would pay $230 annually for her for Tricare Prime. You would be on Tricare for Life and pay the Part B Medicare premium.

I think a 70 year old with a 21 yo wife has all the retirement benefits he needs

Other than costco size boxes of popsicle sticks and rubber bands.

71 year old to 21 year old "Hey baby, dont you know that older men last longer?"
21 year old to 71 year old "Okay, but who wants to $#%^ an old man for a long time?"

Back
Top Bottom