Ulcerative colitis MEB

jimg614

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi, my name is Jim. I am a reserve LTC on active duty. I have 28 total and 12 acitve years. I got diagnosed with severe ulcerative colitis and have to do a MEB in the next couple months. Looking for any info on process and possible outcomes. I have heard I could just be put out with no benefits or limited VA benefits. Also heard there could be a cash payout or med retirement with full benefits. So big spectrum there. Right now it is fairly debilitating (half days for the last 30 days with some days not coming in at all) but I just started the meds so could get better. Welcome any comments.

Hi Jimg,
I hope the meds are helping with your UC. My daughter had UC for 11 years. She would go on a med. and it would help for a while and then not be as effective in contolling it and she would go on to the next med, and so on. The last med she was on was remacaid, one of the newer biologics they have developed for RA, crohn's, and UC. It worked for a while. Last year she was told she had little choice but to have her colon removed. We were apprehensive but it has worked out wonderfully so far. She had the surgery done at Mayo in Rochester. I hope things work out well for you.

Jim,

One of the links REW mentioned is for the the Veterans Benefit Network. Those folks seem to be pretty well informed about military retirement issues and may offer you some sound advice.

Thanks for your service to our country.

Back
Top Bottom