Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-13-2008, 06:30 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Vitamin-B complex generally gives you more energy (probably B-12 does it, but I've been told it's best to take all B's instead of one kind so it won't cause imbalance.)

I now take Vitamin-C after strenuous exercise. Vit-C doesn't give me extra energy. I do this only because I used to catch colds after strenuous exercise (especially when I overdid it - till exhaustion).

I just found this below:

Vitamin E, vitamin C, and exercise. [Am J Clin Nutr. 2000] - PubMed Result

Maybe I should start taking Vitamin E also...

tmm
tmm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2008, 09:27 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

After a bunch of research, I settled on the "Source Naturals Life Force Multiple". It was one of the highest rated (and priced within reason) as far as bio-availability in a book called "Comparative Book of Nutritional Supplements" or something similar.

I generally get it from vitacost. Get the one without Iron, and make sure to get the tablets instead of the capsules. The tabs are 2x per day, vs the 4x per day capsules, so it is more cost effective and less to remember.

I consider it "fire insurance" and find that it does give me more energy, expensive urine or not.

Source Naturals Life Force Multiple No Iron -- 180 Tablets - www.Vitacost.com

$30 for a 3 month supply does not seem outlandish to me. You could probably get a Sam's or Costco brand for a bit cheaper, but it is one thing I don't skimp too badly on.

My wife takes the with-iron version and gets colds and flus a lot less often now (I rarely get sick either way, luckily!), and we ride the germ-ridden subway in NYC twice a day!
Olav23 is offline   Reply With Quote