Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-18-2019, 05:28 AM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ2015 View Post
Asked about this when I got my flu shot today. The pharmacist replied that I was unlikely to find a Shingrix provider. His pharmacy gets ten Shingrix vaccines a month and has a closed waiting list of 700 persons. Very difficult to get the Shingrix vaccine in my area.
Are you using a small local pharmacy? Around my area, the big ones (CVS, Rite-Aid, Walgreens) have no problems getting the vaccine, but the small mom and pop pharmacies don't generally get them in stock.
dirtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2019, 06:10 AM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbiker View Post
Are you using a small local pharmacy? Around my area, the big ones (CVS, Rite-Aid, Walgreens) have no problems getting the vaccine, but the small mom and pop pharmacies don't generally get them in stock.

Must be a local situation. I found ours at a pharmacy with just one location. They used to have another location but closed it a few years ago. I never even thought about going there until I saw "WE HAVE SHINGRIX" on their big LED sign!

But the pharmacy in my big grocery store chain had a full waiting list and was no longer taking names.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:01 AM   #23
Recycles dryer sheets

I got the flu shot, Shingrix and tetanus shot at the same time, in the same shoulder. I had a sore shoulder for 24 hours but that was it.
jfn111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:40 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue J View Post
Must be a local situation. I found ours at a pharmacy with just one location. They used to have another location but closed it a few years ago. I never even thought about going there until I saw "WE HAVE SHINGRIX" on their big LED sign!

But the pharmacy in my big grocery store chain had a full waiting list and was no longer taking names.
Wow, that's surprising. Maybe you guys are just more responsible about getting vaccines than we are around here!
dirtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:24 AM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Yes, much was said here about the apparently universal shortage a while ago. Good to hear it's getting better.

Add me to the "both on the same day" club. No problems to report.
CaptTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 05:56 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbiker View Post
It was one of the big pharmacies that you mentioned that had the huge waiting list but was receiving only 10 vaccines a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue J View Post

One reason this pharmacy had such a long waiting list was that their corporate HQ forced them to put a similar message on their LED sign (which is why I went there). Then people showed up and there were no vaccines available so they added their names to the waiting list making it even longer.

As I mentioned on another thread, I later stopped by a Costco to get on their waiting list and they actually had vaccines and were accepting walk ins so I received the vaccination. I told the pharmacist I had recently had the flu shot and she did not consider it a problem. The next day I was very tired with a slight fever and chills but nothing extreme.