We created our own flour-less Cauliflower Pizza Crust today

cyber888

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We created our own Low Carb Zero-Flour Pizza using Cauliflower Crust which we made from fresh Cauliflower and Eggs. 2 Cups of Grated Cauliflower only has 10g carb. Toppings - mushrooms, pepper, Feta cheese, Mozzarella cheese, spinach, Arugula, tomato, olives, and ah Low-sodium Bacon 🥳 IMG_1972.jpg

Looks pretty yummy. Was that before baking?

I routinely do a crustless quiche for low-carb breakfast. Numerous variations.

Attachments

• 55F023F7-FF57-4214-B355-90FF6A94C1ED.jpeg
    55F023F7-FF57-4214-B355-90FF6A94C1ED.jpeg
    440.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Yeah, we created the crust first at 450 F for 25 minutes, then put the toppings. We still haven't bake it yet. In 15 minutes we will, and eat it for dinner :D

nice ... what's in your crustless quiche, if I may ask ?

I’m not sure exactly what was in that photo other than peppers on top. It may have been mushrooms and spinach. The original recipe was for ham or bacon and spinach.

But a typical one these days is diced Spanish chorizo and sliced leeks sautéed together. Then feta cheese, canned chopped green chiles and Gruyère cheese. Eggs and half and half make up the batter which is poured over the layered ingredients in a buttered pie dish. Salt pepper and nutmeg beaten into the batter.

Last edited:
Looks delicious. How much cauliflower is needed for 2 shredded cups (eg., a whole head, half)?

Looks delicious. How much cauliflower is needed for 2 shredded cups (eg., a whole head, half)?

We used 2/3 of a whole head. One head produced 3 cups.

2 cups cauliflower, 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, 2 eggs. Mix it. 25 min 450 degrees to make the crust. Then put all toppings and 16 minutes to complete

I do wish we would start measuring ingredients by weight and not volume. All a cook needs is a $10 kitchen scale.

Thank for the topic. This tread has inspired me. I have looked up flourless quiche recipes and there are a number of good ones out there, some complicated, some simple enough for me.

IIRC, there are plenty of recipes for cauliflower crust pizza crust also. Though I still like a traditional crust the best.

Last edited:
I do wish we would start measuring ingredients by weight and not volume. All a cook needs is a $10 kitchen scale.

I share your frustration there.
Every European recipe I've ever seen uses weight (grams) instead of volume. It's not critical in many recipes, but it definitely is in some.
And in baking it's especially critical.

Back
Top Bottom