Websites for Evaluating Customer Satisfaction with Specific Health Insurance Cos

John Galt III

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I am thinking of changing my health ins co. I currently have Highmark Blue Shield in Pa. I've had them for one year, via the ACA. Based on some limited use of the ins co, I am not getting a good feeling about them. I found some reviews of them online at some website that stated that 71% of the respondents were "very unsatisfied". I then checked out some other insurance companies on the same site and they were also around 70% "very unsatisfied". The best result was for Kaiser which only had 24% "very unsatisfied" (still high). I don't have access to Kaiser via ACA.

Ideally there would be some websites that rate the HI companies, and also have comments from users.

Maybe I'm not using the right Google keywords, but I've only found one site so far (can't remember its name).

Anyone know some good websites for evaluating HI co's?

Thanks

Thanks for the replies.

The only website I've found that has personal reviews of the ins cos is insurance.freeadvice.com. Of course most of the satisfied consumers don't add their input to the website, so the ins cos probably aren't as horrible as the website implies. The reviews of Highmark Blue Shield for 2014 are mildly positive. But starting in Dec 2013 and going backwards in time, lots of horror stories. Maybe the PPACA rules which began in 2014 have improved Highmark's performance.

I'm currently trying to decide whether to get a subsidized PPACA plan or, instead, a new medicaid plan that Pa has come up with. I already qualify for the new Pa medicaid. I will have to cash in $6,000 worth of IRA to increase my income, and pay $600 more in taxes, for the luxury of going with a PPACA policy and avoiding the Pa medicaid route. But the medicaid route could be better and cheaper, who knows. (Won't have to worry about "uncovered services", out-of-network folks who show up out of nowhere, etc, etc).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom