Weight Gain?

Down 112 lbs in the last 9 months thanks to keto, intermittent fasting and more exercise. Goal is close but trying to lose 5 lbs a month over the summer and weigh myself daily and track food on MyFitnessPal. Life changing in many ways.

Up about 15lbs to 163lbs. It shows up really quickly because I'm [-]short[/-].... vertically challenged.

I weigh about the same.

No real change in my lifestyle or eating habits since this lockdown began. (Maybe I should be embarrassed to admit that!)

No change here. I still get my 3-5 miles hikes in in ~5 days/week. The greenways that I hike on are uncrowded to remote.

I shed over 30 pounds in 2014. Have managed to keep it off. Going low carb last year has made in much easier to maintain. Thank God for pork rinds.:LOL:

OK, Ive read that most people have gained weight during this shut down. Ive heard gains ranging from 5 to 15 lbs as the norm. I'll confess, Ive gained a solid 5 lbs over the past few months. Largely because Ive eaten more and enjoyed the wine more than normal. So, anyone want to join me in the confessional or better yet maybe a poll?

Exactly same. My attitude has been, “Forget it! This is a hard time and I’m not going to be hungry too!”

I'm down ~35lbs since this started in Mid-March.
No cereal or milk = no breakfast. No bread etc. = just a small apple if they are available for lunch.
I did find a supply of pasta for supper but finding sauces to put on it is a challenge as the tomatoes and dairy were thin supply and rationed.
We try to support 2 mom-pop restaurants (one burger joint, one italian) with takeout, but that runs up $30 a shot. Although we can get multiple meals out of the italian left overs depending on who packages the order from that place.

Last night we splurged on a Papa Murphy's pizza. We'll get 3 meals each for the 2 of us out of a family size. Their price is up just under 10% in two months... more if I count that we used to put our own veggies on them to save the $1.50/topping

On the plus side the reduced food intake has helped slow TP consumption. The last roll lasted 24 days.

Now hamburger is estimated to hit $10-15/lb so that will put a dent in protein.
Who was it that said they weren't concerned about inflation from this?

Down 112 lbs in the last 9 months thanks to keto, intermittent fasting and more exercise. Goal is close but trying to lose 5 lbs a month over the summer and weigh myself daily and track food on MyFitnessPal. Life changing in many ways.
Congratulations! Have your eyes adjusted to your new size?

Our problem is that we have plenty of good ingredients available, and I have plenty of time to cook!

But - it's really excess nuts and chocolate. And less exercise than is typical.

I had lost weight at first, due to to being so busy plus the stress. But that turned around after the first month.

Not what I would have expected! Most here have lost weight. Keto sounds like its for real!! But, I hate to give up the wine.

Not what I would have expected! Most here have lost weight. Keto sounds like its for real!! But, I hate to give up the wine.

Yes, it's for real. And there's no reason you have to "give up" alcohol, you just have to pay attention to the carb intake. I'm a beer drinker and always will be. And any keto advice you will find always says that beer is the worst possible thing because of its carb content. Yet I don't have any problem because I'm aware of what I eat and drink. I enjoy my beer too much to give it up; I just watch it.

probably about the same. Don't own a scale.

Finally something on which I don't follow the pack. No, I am still 185 as usual. Maybe due to intermittent fasting window. I only eat between 11 am and 6 pm. Eat all I want.

For the last couple years was working out of town (Los Angeles) and peaked at 250 lbs. Stress, long hours, whining employees, living by myself in a little condo, no exercise and pre-processed foods were the cause. That was my heaviest. Then the virus hit and was thankfully sent home in March with a crappy laptop in hand and a box of office supplies.

Teleworked for six weeks and retired on April 30.

Am down 10 lbs since coming back home. Getting out everyday for a bike ride in the hills, healthier cooking at home and spending time taming my long-ignored orchard. Also just started yoga to become more bendy and flexible.

Working to get back down below 200 lbs so I can race mountain bikes, cyclocross and gravel road race again after the virus passes and it’s safe.

Yes, it's for real. And there's no reason you have to "give up" alcohol, you just have to pay attention to the carb intake. I'm a beer drinker and always will be. And any keto advice you will find always says that beer is the worst possible thing because of its carb content. Yet I don't have any problem because I'm aware of what I eat and drink. I enjoy my beer too much to give it up; I just watch it.

I gave up beer for various reasons before keto, but I was so relieved to find that red wine and sparkling wine are very low carb.

Dry red wine is usually ~3 carbs per serving. I'm not keto, but low carb. Cabs, Merlots, etc fit nicely in my wheelhouse (as does low carb beer).

For keto, you'd need to keep wine consumption to sparingly, but no need to suffer completely on the wagon needlessly. :D

When I first lost weight, I was a little concerned, because I read several first hand accounts of people who lost weight very quickly when fighting COVID-19. So I didn't want to keep losing weight. But then it started creeping up a bit faster recently, so I pulled back.

My weight is down a tad. Pre-COVID days my weight ranged from 178-182. Since lockdown, I've been consistently 175-177. I presume this is because I'm exercising a bit more than my normal routine, and I find I'm eating a little bit less.

Glad I am not alone regarding the weight gain and enjoying more food and wine.

I feel ashamed being around some of my friends who have not gained weight.

I was sick mid March and lost a few pounds. I put those few pounds back and have gained about four more. We started eating too much junk at night watching tv. I told my DH this morning that it had to stop and he agreed. He has put on 10-15 pounds and needed to lose before this.

I am snacking more out of boredom. The scale this morning indicated I have gained 7 pounds since the shelter in place order. Guess I need to cut back on the snacking.

I've lost some weight but I'm not sure how much. All I know is that my waist shrunk about 2 inches. I just bought a scale so I'll be able to track my weight from now on.

I just try to keep my BMI below 25, since March I have lost 3 lbs by adding a cookie a day and 8 oz of Pinot Noir.

Congratulations! Have your eyes adjusted to your new size?

I don't avoid mirrors anymore and keep getting rid of clothes that are just enormous. From 3XL shirts to large or XL. 48 waist to 36. 6'3".

Back
Top Bottom