Welcome-to-Medicare Appointment

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I made my Welcome-to-Medicare appointment and was told I'd have 90 minutes with a nurse and 30 with the doctor.

I'm guessing the 90 minutes is mostly to tell me to eat fruits and vegetables and get exercise. Is that right?

Do I have to have that? Can I just get a routine physical instead (which would be not covered by medicare??)?

Thanks.

I made my Welcome-to-Medicare appointment and was told I'd have 90 minutes with a nurse and 30 with the doctor.

I'm guessing the 90 minutes is mostly to tell me to eat fruits and vegetables and get exercise. Is that right?

Do I have to have that? Can I just get a routine physical instead (which would be not covered by medicare??)?

Thanks.

I'm assuming this is your wellness exam to kick things off.

WIth nurse: fill out forms, answer questionnaire to see if you are crazy or dangerous, take BP, weight, height, etc.

Whth Doc: check reflexes, heart, lungs, ask you questions, go over any meds you take.

With nurse again: take blood for tests.

This all doesn't take 90 minutes, maybe 60.

Go home.

Last edited:
I'm assuming this is your wellness exam to kick things off.

WIth nurse: fill out forms, answer questionnaire to see if you are crazy or dangerous, take BP, weight, height, etc.

Whth Doc: check reflexes, heart, lungs, ask you questions, go over any meds you take.

With nurse again: take blood for tests.

This all doesn't take 90 minutes, maybe 60.

Go home.

LOL
or be booked in for a full appointment first thing the next morning ( as they did with me )

Maybe they are being truthful about the 89 minute wait in "the room"?

Maybe they are being truthful about the 89 minute wait in "the room"?
Yeah! :D
I think the only time a doctor has ever seen ME for 30 minutes was when I was in surgery! And I didn't see him/them/space aliens doing biological discovery at all, as I was knocked out!

Really, how can I be sure that the surgeon who walked beside me on the gurney, into the operating room, really did the work, and not somebody else? And why, when I came to in recovery, did I find a can of Goof-Off spray cleaner under my sheet? I hope it gets back to the janitor... ;)

Back
Top Bottom