Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-15-2020, 07:31 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieB View Post
Centrum Silver, to match my hair!
Ditto.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2020, 08:16 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I too take Centrum Silver. I also started taking Elderberry Gummies with vitamin C and Zinc when cv19 hit hard. For hopefully a little extra boost to the immune system.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:17 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Centrum Silver, but when this giant bottle I have is empty I might switch to Costco brand

"We live the lives we lead because of the thoughts we think" ...Michael O’Neill
"We can cannot compel others to do our will" ....Norman Goldman
"There never is shortage of the gullible to accept the illogical"...Anonymous
timo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 05:31 AM   #24
Give me a forum ...

Kirkland multi, and B, and D. I also take Tru Niagen (boosts NAD+) after I read an interview with one of the NIH researchers who said that he and all his coworkers were taking it because they were so impressed with what they were seeing.
Old 09-16-2020, 05:38 AM   #25
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post
I take the generic Equate brand multivitamin from Walmart. It's got exactly the same formulation as Centrum Silver, at about 60% the price.
+1

JoeWras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:40 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by donheff View Post
Kirkland multi, and B, and D. I also take Tru Niagen (boosts NAD+) after I read an interview with one of the NIH researchers who said that he and all his coworkers were taking it because they were so impressed with what they were seeing.

I'm also taking Tru Niagen (Nicotinamide riboside). Along with Resveratrol, Tumeric, Metformin, Vitamin D3 and K2. When I ask my doc about Metformin, he said he would write me a prescription for it, and then proceded to tell me what he takes. He takes the above, but uses NAD rather than NR.
I was going to switch, but stopped my Amazon suscription to late and got another bottle of NR, so I'll continue with it for now. Keep your NR in the fridge, it degrades.(per David Sinclair)

I'm taking Centrum adult multivitamin.
Time2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:28 AM   #27
Full time employment: Posting here.

im on NAtureMade prenatals for a while bc i needed some boost to my hair and nails. Best not to take them longterm.
MrsHaloFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:25 AM   #28
Recycles dryer sheets

I bought Wal-Mart version of Centrum Silver and discovered it was made in China. Went in trash!
flpanhandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:05 AM   #29
Give me a forum ...

One-A-Day Men's 50+. What hair I have left isn't silver so I can't take the Centrum Silver.
RunningBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:18 AM   #30

Kirkland Mature Multi, along with extra Vitamin C and D.

You can't spend yourself to prosperity.

Semi-Retired 7/1/16: working part-time (60%) for now [4/24/17 changed to 80%]
Retired Aug 2, 2017; age 53
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 04:41 AM   #31
Recycles dryer sheets

Another one here for Kirkland Mature Multi. I also take Vitamin C, a probiotic, Biotin and D3. I occasionally take Melatonin for sleep. Awaiting the delivery of Niacinamide from Amazon today. Some research says it prevents basal cell and I have had 2 in the last year.
becca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 05:20 AM   #32
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2 View Post
I'm also taking Tru Niagen (Nicotinamide riboside). Along with Resveratrol, Tumeric, Metformin, Vitamin D3 and K2. When I ask my doc about Metformin, he said he would write me a prescription for it, and then proceded to tell me what he takes. He takes the above, but uses NAD rather than NR.
I was going to switch, but stopped my Amazon suscription to late and got another bottle of NR, so I'll continue with it for now. Keep your NR in the fridge, it degrades.(per David Sinclair)

I'm taking Centrum adult multivitamin.
Thanks for the info on refrigeration. I was not aware of that. DW and I started with Elysium, which is another NR supplement but we both got bad diarrhea after a month or so which stopped when we discontinued Elysium. I noticed that Elysium differentiates itself from Tru Niagen with 50mg of Pterostilbene (I can't remember what that is supposed to add). We tried Tru Niagen to see whether the NR by itself would be more gastro friendly and it is. Did your doc identify benefits of NAD versus NR? I don;t want to mess with my GI tract unless warranted.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:02 AM   #33
Give me a forum ...

I tend to switch among multi-vitamin brands, but focus on ones more "designed" for men. Currently taking CareOne One Daily Mens Health. I am supplementing that with Spring Valley Vitamins A, D and NatureMade Iron.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:12 AM   #34

I have never taken a multivitamin, as I haven't seen any benefit over a healthy diet:
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...-multivitamins

I would rather save the money and buy better quality food that I can enjoy.

I also don't take any medications other than the occasional Advil for a headache, or Aleve for back pain. Even those are rather rare.
mountainsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 11:19 AM   #35

Quote:
Did your doc identify benefits of NAD versus NR?
No, nor did he suggest I change to NAD.
I think he probably takes NAD because that is what Dr. Sinclair uses.
Old 09-20-2020, 05:21 PM   #36

Quote:
Thanks for the info on refrigeration. I was not aware of that. DW and I started with Elysium, which is another NR supplement but we both got bad diarrhea after a month or so which stopped when we discontinued Elysium. I noticed that Elysium differentiates itself from Tru Niagen with 50mg of Pterostilbene (I can't remember what that is supposed to add). We tried Tru Niagen to see whether the NR by itself would be more gastro friendly and it is. Did your doc identify benefits of NAD versus NR? I don;t want to mess with my GI tract unless warranted.

Here is a reminder from Dr. Sinclair about NR ands NMN refridgeration.
https://youtu.be/5DtWqzalEnc?t=3471

Here, Dr. Sibclair ways in on NR vs NMN,
https://youtu.be/5DtWqzalEnc?t=3324

Here's the whole video.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:20 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsoft View Post
I have never taken a multivitamin, as I haven't seen any benefit over a healthy diet:
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...-multivitamins

I would rather save the money and buy better quality food that I can enjoy.

I also don't take any medications other than the occasional Advil for a headache, or Aleve for back pain. Even those are rather rare.

The paper says the evidence is that supplements don’t protect against cancer, heart attacks or mental decline. OK, fair enough but there are other issues in a human body. In my case, I bought a bottle of One-A-Day for Men back in my late 20’s, hoping to strengthen my immune system to help fend off colds and flu. I don’t know if that has happened but one thing I noticed right away was that a couple of small, longtime warts on my fingers vanished, which was tangible proof enough for me of some benefit.

I’ve continued with them into my 50s, and have added Vitamin D, because we live up north; biotin, because my nails are visibly a better color with it; and a baby aspirin, because a doctor recommended it.
Markola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:13 AM   #38

For those taking NAD or NR, I’m curious how much you’re taking and if you’ve noticed any effects of taking it. I took it for several months but stopped after developing polyps and having a cancer scare. I could definitely feel the effects of the drug.
tb001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:21 AM   #39

NR, 600mg/day, I haven't noticed anything.
Old 09-21-2020, 08:29 AM   #40
Give me a forum ...

300mg Tru-Niagen daily. Neither DW or I have noticed any side effects. As I mentioned earlier, we did get bad GI side effects with the mix in the Elyssium brand. As to the purported cellular health benefits, I doubt anyone can really "feel" a difference. It's like the value of increased vitamin D - you have to accept that the reports are accurate and the long term benefits are there.