What won't you give up?

REattempt

Recycles dryer sheets
Hmmmm....

Forget LCHF, plant based, Dukan, Atkins, Pritikin, Ornish...let's leave Oz for a moment.

Independent of what your approach to diet, exercise or health...

What won't you give up?

Me? Gin and Tonics and Red Wine.

While I love my glass of red wine and square of dark chocolate each day, I would give them up if I was sure they were bad.

There is really nothing I would refuse to eat or drink if I thought it was bad for me.

I wont give up my weekly bag of potato chips and my Dr. Pepper 10. Other than that I watch what I eat in the traditional sense. I like my whole grains too much to ever change.

I love good food and good wine. But just as there is virtually nothing that I won't eat, there is nothing I couldn't live without if necessary.

I have given up my morning coffee a number of times, but always end up returning to that habit after a few months, or even weeks. So, it hasn't been permanent despite my best of intentions.

I did sort of compromise, in that I limit myself to one or two cups of half strength coffee.

It would be really hard for me to give up salt--we don't cook with it but add it to taste afterward.

Coffee in the morning would be almost impossible for me to give up too.

Probably coffee. I COULD give up my wine if my health depended on it.

Whiskey or single malt scotch (and I don't even drink that much. But I like it). And salmon. And reading. If I knew it would kill me tomorrow I'd probably quit, but if I was told it would eventually kill me I'd keep going. Nobody gets out alive.

I gave up my daily mocha 3 weeks ago, and it's been rough. I'm down 5 pounds though, so starting my day without sugar- caffeine-palooza is clearly good for me.

Coffee would be the hardest for me to give up, by far.

I actually did give up alcohol entirely in an attempt to regulate my sleep patterns better, and I have to say, every since going 'dry', I am able to stick to a regular sleep schedule. Something in the alcohol, even a couple of beers, that would give me insomnia.

Ya'll are being too good. For me it would be coffee, pizza and other misc pastas. I'm doomed.

There are many things we enjoy, but none more than life itself.

I have to agree with Alan and MichaelB. There is no food item that I wouldn't give up if it turned out to be a health risk. However many more decades I get in this life it will still be a very short time, so I want to be here as long as possible.

I have given up my morning coffee a number of times, but always end up returning to that habit after a few months, or even weeks. So, it hasn't been permanent despite my best of intentions.

I did sort of compromise, in that I limit myself to one or two cups of half strength coffee.

+1

I won't give up missionary projects abroad to help the less fortunate with the provision of free health care.
Hmmmm....

Forget LCHF, plant based, Dukan, Atkins, Pritikin, Ornish...let's leave Oz for a moment.

Independent of what your approach to diet, exercise or health...

What won't you give up?

Me? Gin and Tonics and Red Wine.

Ya'll are being too good. For me it would be coffee, pizza and other misc pastas. I'm doomed.

I already gave the pizza and pastas up. It was incredibly hard, since they were pretty much my favorite foods. But since they will kill me, but slowly and painfully, I did it. If it would be fast and painless I'd probably keep on eating them.

I don't imagine that I will discover something I eat or drink will actually kill me, so I took the OP's question as what would I not want to give up "wanting" to have.
In that case, beer. Which I suppose could kill me, but probably not all at once!
And I'd not want to give up pointing out my DH's shortcomings when they become apparent. ;)

Back
Top Bottom