What would you do?

Would you

• Decline to do the consult?

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • See the patient and bill afterwards?

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • See the patient and absorb the cost?

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Offer the patient the choice of having the consult and being billed, or not having the consult?

Votes: 23 48.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My youngest brother's an MD and I asked him if he gets tired of everyone at cocktail parties asking him for free medical advice (which I assume happens, and he said it does). But he said nope, he loves doing it because he loves the profession.

(Although he's in his early 30's still, so maybe the cynicism just hasn't kicked in? :rolleyes:)

(Although he's in his early 30's still, so maybe the cynicism just hasn't kicked in? :rolleyes:)

Just a few years out of residency max, so probably not tired of it yet. Although I don't get tired of people asking me legitimate questions in my realm of professional expertise. Unfortunately it is in an area where "everyone knows more than you", or at least they think they do.

So engineer Fuego, how did this building stay intact in the demolition? How not to demolish a building | World News | Grafton Daily Examiner

Not enough "boom".

I'm not a structural engineer, so this is mere lay speculation. It looks like the walls of the structure were seriously beefy - very thick concrete with lots of steel rebar reinforcement. They managed to demolish the walls all the way around the perimeter close to the ground, and then carved out a "wedge" on one side, and then it fell like a tree falls when you carve out a wedge. The walls on the upper 3/4 of the structure appear to be intact as it is rolling which would suggest not enough boom. Either they didn't put enough explosives in it because they didn't know how strong the walls were (or how they were constructed), or the explosives on the upper portion failed to detonate. Just my $0.02.

Back
Top Bottom