Who takes Celecoxib?

FloridaJim57

Recycles dryer sheets
My doctor prescribed it for my arthritis of the neck pain. Just started taking 200 mgs. once daily. Has anyone noticed any side effects? Does it work?

I take it for my neck as well. It has been very effective for me. I haven’t noticed any side effects, by ymmv.

My doctor prescribed it for my arthritis of the neck pain. Just started taking 200 mgs. once daily. Has anyone noticed any side effects? Does it work?

I used to take it and it was very effective for me. I had to stop when I was told to stop taking any NSAIDS because of a conflict with my blood pressure meds. Now I take 3,000 mg of Tylenol daily instead.

I take one now and at night then for uncomfortable neck and legs from Parkinson's. It seems to work pretty well. These are my wife's so I plan to discuss this with my doc when I next see her.

My ortho doc prescribed it for my shoulder pain. I can't tell you it worked, I don't think it was any better than perhaps taking a single Aleve. Maybe took the edge off.

What I didn't like is I had to take it all the time, when I really needed something to take for the intermittent "bad" nights only, the ones where nothing OTC even hints at helping. So for a chronic mild pain, it might work better than it did for me.

I had no side effects. I used it for a few weeks. I think you have to take it for a good week or so to start getting it to work?

I stopped taking it a long time ago due to the potential for side effects - suggest looking them up.

There are a number of potential side effects with this drug that you should explore thoroughly with your doc. As with all drugs, the side effects should be weighed against the potential benefits. This is especially true if one is taking the drug for weeks or months at a time - and even more true if other meds are being taken. No expert and you're not paying me, so ignore my suggestions but listen to your doc (maybe get another opinion?) Remember, YMMV.

Around when VIOXX got pulled from the market there were suggestions that all COX-2 inhibitors might be harmful. So some cautious docs stopped prescribing Celebrex and there were studies done of potential long term harm. As far as I know no study turned up any convincing evidence of this so Celebrex stayed on the market and remains widely used.

Yes, it's generic Celebrex, very widely used. I've taken it daily for several years to help with sciatica, I've had no issues.

You have to watch over the counter medicines. Since it is an anti-inflammatory, if you do get a muscle ache, take a Tylenol which is a pain reliever, not something like a Naproxen, that is another anti-inflammatory.

Years ago I had used it, gave me a rash but worked really well. Now I would use Naproxen (Aleve) or Ibuprofen (Advil) for pain.

Back
Top Bottom